How has your life changed in New Zealand

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to New Zealand? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in New Zealand? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to New Zealand has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

Dramatically! In part it's because of the commitment to change how I live, which was behind the decision to move to New Zealand. However, I also credit a culture that encourages slowing down, getting quiet, appreciating being present and discovering what matters most.

The change was so dramatic, I wrote a book about it:

amazon.co.uk/Discovering-Yourself-New-Zealand-Inspiration-ebook/dp/B01N03LFU2

I would score the change nearly a 10. The fact is you can't who you really are - but you can commit to drilling down and finding out who that really is.  And New Zealand is the perfect place to do it.

I would say moving to New Zealand has been a solid 8.  Missing family and friends knocks it down a peg or two.  The biggest differences, are the ease to get outside.  I never really did walks/tramps back in the States, but here I find it's easy to go after work and get a good hour or two walk in.  Friends, while I don't have as many, I do have some good solid friendships working. 

I agree with the other post that you have to work at it.  I forced myself to go to events where my partner and I knew nobody, to get out and experience different parts of the city we've moved to.  Through those meetup type groups, we've met people..through work, we've met people.  It's a slow process, but generally a good and well-balanced one.

Holiday, businesses are closed, so there isn't a need to try and get to the best sale.  Evenings, businesses are closed, which forces you to reconsider other things to do.

Very happy, very solid choice.  It's a lifestyle change, but one you have to work for.

love this country beautiful place to live but finding it soooo hard to make friends ive been here 15 years and havent made a single friend probably because im in my fifties and people my age have their own friends. coming from england where the people are so friendly i find kiwis not that friendly at all. no idea where to go to meet a friend getting desperate now there must be a web site or something can anyone suggest something

I am curious which part of England you are from. I have lived everywhere in England, I have to agree some parts people are lovely, others not so. Just wondering......

Hope you'll be able to find a nice circle of friends soon.