How has your life changed in Mexico

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to Mexico? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Mexico? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Mexico has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Mexico? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Mexico has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

Priscilla

I think this sort of replicates some previous topics to some extent. It would be helpful if it were perhaps broken into parts. A leisure part maybe , then a living part etc.

As it is, I think it may be seen as an overwhelming topic. Just my take on the slow response. I personally thought I will look at it later when I have more time.  :unsure

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

Priscilla

Ok Priscilla,
so one at a time, "the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood? "

I retired early, actually because I didn't like changes in my job. Some of my family didn't like the idea  because of the negative spin about Mexico in the U.S.
I had been here to visit so I knew that was significantly exaggerated, I actually quickly became calm and relaxed. It took a lot of stress away. The concern about getting shot just waking down the street can be very stressful.

"Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?"

Just taking care of a 200 year old house keeps me busy, but I do a lot of on going medical research to stay sharp, read walk, practice yoga, take photos,  I see my neighbors fairly regularly and have a friend that helps out quite a bit he is bilingual so he often insists on Spanish.

"Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Mexico? What income differences have you noticed? '

"On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us to what extent your expatriation to Mexico has changed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change"

How has it effected my standard of living, well yes and no, the house is as I said very old, so it has its problems, it is bigger than the condo I had. Has a pool which is a problem in it's self, and a garden. The house due to the minerals in the water cannot successfully have a dish washer  I say successfully because I knew someone who tried and it was a constant problem so they quit using it. which means I go primitive and hand wash everything. So it is much more labor intensive than the condo but I am in excellent shape partly because of that.  Over all it's a fairly even exchange tipping a bit to this side.

On a scale of 0 to 10 I would say the change in my life has been at least a 8 if not a 9 and in a positive way.