How has your life changed in Malaysia

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to Malaysia? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Malaysia? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Malaysia has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

Though a person cant change what they really are, one cant stop being transformed in some way by a place. You are constantly changing whether you know it or like it. But you may not see the change, thats usually reserved for others and how they see you. Ive been away a long time and when I go back, people say i've changed but i cant see it myself, to me I seem the same as always.

One thing that I can notice, though, is that my perspective towards my home country has changed very much. The view is much different when you are on the outside looking in, then you see your country the way every other outsider does. Im not pompous and arrogant about my country anymore. Im not humbled either, nowadays I'm just quiet.

Did the food, climate, and way of life here change me? Im sure it did, otherwise we would all be imploding or exploding or something.  But I cant SEE that change, its not so much a conscious thing. Changes from these things come in very small increments, too small to see, but over time they add up and thats the big change others see when you go home again because they never got to see the progress of small increments, only the big gap of the results.

Maybe a more interesting question would be, "you have known an expat for 10 years here. How would you say he/she has changed?"

Hii everyone,
Am shemeer,
First of i want to tell u that Malaysia was good whn i reach here nd it was okay for me. Nd now honestly am telling malaysia is going to become worst. Just am telling because of the culture and humanity nd everything is waste. Pppl dont have love care or feelingson each other. All this love nd care thy have only on money.
Money money money....!
All need money. I know it's compulsory in each life. But it can't give real love. For money father mother brothers sisters are fighting each other nd killing... nd government have bad rules in humanity. Bcoz if anyone met with accident nd fighting for life on the spot nd ppl are watching it like an entertainment coz thy shouldn't take them to hospital. It's like a crime. Police should come nd look over nd then oly thy can take them to hospital. At least show some mercy on those. It's a life... nd the best ppl i hate in Malaysia is Tamil ppls. I cant tell like that. Coz in my view 70 %of tamilians are good but other 30% are very worst ppl n Malaysia cheating robberies nothing to avoid every bad things thy are doing nd creating bad images to all tamil ppls.
Indian Tamil ppls are good nd I like them.
But once I reach Malaysia I started hating them. Nd I can't believe any Tamil ppls.
Am not creating bad images on tamil ppls. Just telling bcoz u should understand yourself from others view. Don't feel bad on me.
Nd another thing is
parents...!
Y parents are soo careless about their children's...???? Y can't u make them study at least a required qualification. In 7 year age thy are starting school nd many are started working at the age 15.
Nd all are out in night also. Thy are not even care about wr thy going wat thy doing.! It's your fault dear parents oly your fault...!
If I still continue means it won't finish today....! So stopping here..! Tired of you malaysia....! Shame on you...!

Ok, so one thing has changed for you, your perspective on Tamil.

I think all these things are very possible in Malaysia. We all come with our ideas and perspectives and ways, and later we see we are adapting closer to Malaysia or further away.

One thing I agree about is that I have never been in a place so crazy about money. In fact, its hard to get to know anyone when/where money isnt somehow the main topic. Pretty soon we are all judging each other about money. One time, about a year ago, I saw a Malay hippie on the street, standing there with long hair and bandana and beard and the rest of it, and I just walked up and said HI. We sat right down on the street and had a great chat for about an hour about music, bands, electronics, life, dreams. One of the things that made it such a great chat is that MONEY never came up once. My experience though, most of the time its not like that, its more like jobs, incomes, cars, houses, profits, business. Malaysia has given me a sour perspective about peoples priorities. Im not saying anyone should share mine, just saying Im not attracted to theirs when I come across this, and in my experience its pretty common.

I know many Tamil, Sikh, Hindu and Punjab in Malaysia but I have never been to India so I dont know how they might be different in their home country. I'd like to hear you explain.

shemeer.. agreed.. it was good.. now worst.. soon great again.. not everything remains the same.. cheers

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : The topic is about changes in your own life.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. Please read the 1st post and the questions asked well before participating.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Yes My life has changed a lot since I moved her in Malaysia. It's totally different from where I have been. But I like it here.