Moving to Spain

My name name is Nemanja and I am a writer and a director. I live in Bosnia and for years now I've done everything that I could get my hands on, from theater and film, commercials, music videos and TV shows to lectures and writing about film. I'm planning on moving this summer to Spain (Canary Islands for starters) and I was wondering is there some opportunity for similar jobs or any kind of work in those fields?

I am well aware of all the difficulties surrounding any kind of work regarding film industry. For starters, I would settle for almost any job that can help me in the transition period, but hopefully I could find something in my field of work, something that I could contribute to.

Given everything that has happened in Spain in recent history I can assume that situation is not as good as it used to be to say the least, but then again after the lifetime in Bosnia, things can only go onwards and upwards for me. Don't get me wrong, it's not as bad here as people are led to believe, but everything reeks of war again and one war was more than enough for me.

I'm not even sure what exactly am I asking you other than advice, where to start, who to contact? My Spanish is awful at the time, but within a few months I believe that I could grasp more than enough to function without English. Hell, I'll start from the scratch again just to get my foot in the door. I thought with the summer upon us, there's bound to be some jobs that I can do and learn the language in process.

Hi Nemanja,

Welcome on board  :)

To begin with, i would suggest you read the Living in Spain guide, you will find some interesting articles about work, what field is in demand and how can you go about finding work.

all the best,
Bhavna

Hi! I haven't yet chosen the country I want to go to. But I'm interested in Spain, thanks for the link.