Upcoming forum feature

I have little details, but a new feature for the forum is coming. It is a chat like facility with chat rooms. The management has contacted me and the others advisors and experts but we still have a lot of questions as to its value and how it will work.

The chat feature will be rolled at first to 10 countries and one of them is Puerto Rico. No the US was not selected for the first try out. I heard about it yesterday and have placed several questions in the private section of this forum with the rest of the other advisors and experts.

As scheduled the feature will be available starting March 23rd, NO it will not replace the current forum, it will simply add an additional form of communication. Currently I am not trilled with the idea.

Ill let you know what is going on soon

I just heard a little more:
Members will be able to create chat rooms and speak privately in a similar way as they do today with the private messaging.

Unfortunately this can also lead to abuse, we do not see it much here but in other countries it is a battle with the sex / dating and spamming of members with messages and invitations for bogus business opportunities. The PR section sees vary little of this.

The forum has a feature to report any abuse witch I do not see but management does and allow you to report others that may be violating your rights or the rules. The new chat feature may or may not have this capability, so we shall see.

As I have told management, I will try the new feature but I am not sure I will participate as much as I already spend more time online in this forum than I should.