Do the resort properties non-Mauritian buy retain their value?

Hi, - does anyone know whether the resale of the over $400,000 - $500, 000 resort properties, which are the only ones Expats can buy, resell well? Do they maintain their price?
Also, do any resorts allow Expats to rent out properties they own independently i.e. without the resort itself controlling the rental and taking  50% of the rental income? If so - which ones? Many thanks.

Just looking at the "For sale" for so-called "luxury properties" on Expressproperty or any other real-estate biggies ( which you can find also in Dubai)  will give you the full picture  ;)

Resell easily, am not sure. You can hire by yourself,thus depending upon contract you sign with seller

External wrote:

Just looking at the "For sale" for so-called "luxury properties" on Expressproperty or any other real-estate biggies ( which you can find also in Dubai)  will give you the full picture  ;)

Thanks External - L'expressproperty looks a very useful site.

tina2712 wrote:

Resell easily, am not sure. You can hire by yourself,thus depending upon contract you sign with seller

Hi Tina, thanks for reply. Do you mean hire an estate agent by ''you can hire by yourself''? A little confused by that!

There are local people who hires cars per day or weeks.

Some Scheme is that you hire your own property and some states differently

These properties tend to be over priced in comparison with what one can buy elsewhere in the world. As to resale, with a considerable amount of new properties for expats coming onto the market on a regular basis, why would a prospective buyer want to buy a  'second hand ' property when he can have a brand new one, unless yours is considerably cheaper in which case your profit may very well be reduced.

@ mark - I would tend to agree with your comment - some other replies earlier I found hard to understand!? There do not seem to be any actual owners of these properties on the site or any who have had the experience of trying to sell willing to tell of their experience! What you described is what happened on the Costa del Sol a few years ago and also in Dubai to some extent at the moment. Also with the resort managements taking 50% of the rent - you cannot get much return at all, it seems - anyone knowing otherwise - please comment.