Any other Westerner's in Tan Bien in Tay Ninh province?

Hello Everyone

I've been living in Tan Bien in the Tay Ninh province for 2 years now and I have never seen another Westerner here, not one  - until the other day. I had a fleeting and completely unexpected glimpse as they drove past with their partner on their motorbike - but it was a Westerner, confirmed by the shop owner of the ice cream establishment they had just stopped at.
Now while I do enjoy immersing myself in the local culture and with my wonderful Vietnamese family here in this dusty old town, it is always nice too after a period of time to put the world to right/wrong/or fall off a bar stool (it would have to be one of those little plastic chairs around this way) and speak fluently in your native tongue (I certainly can't in Vietnamese).
So I am just inquiring as to whether there are any other Westerner's hidden away in Tan Bien and if so, would you like to meet up and put the world to right/wrong etc occasionally over a cold beer or two?

Richie

Wow! It's much quieter in Tan Bien than I thought. Not a single reply 8-(
Hello, Trees.
Good Afternoon, flowers.
It's just us again. How have you been?

Hi Richie,

Are you still there? I am coming to Tay Ninh soon.

Cheers,

Rob

Xin Chao Richie,

We are two Canadians who have recently moved to Tay Ninh City for my husbands work. Your words ring so true as we too have also experienced the lack of sight or sound of an expat in the past 5 weeks of our arrival. Wondering if your are still living in the area?
It fun to be the celebrity in town when children shout out 'hello' as we pass by but there are times when we long to speak with another couple to share experiences and laugh at the days events.

Warmly,
sandy

Greetings! No I am not in Tan Bien yet but I will be later in the year! I am part of a Vietnamese family whom I have know now for about 15 years. I met them when they were living in Phnom Penh and they moved to Tan Bien about a year ago I think. Lim is my main contact person who is 31 years old and she speaks good English for a person who has not studied it academically. She works in a restaurant and I can ask her for the name and address and it would be nice of you to meet her. I message her most days and vice versa but I have just found a phone company where I can phone her for very little - perhaps they use Skype.
The family have had many problems and I support them each month and pay for any medical expenses.
Me? Well I started off working as a teacher in International Schools but then became the Head of four such schools in Warsaw, Helsinki, Seoul and Bangkok. I returned to the UK four years ago for medical reasons availing myself of the National Health Service. When I had a serious infection of my kidneys five years ago I realised I could die overseas but not having enough money..... I am using it as a base travelling around mainland Europe in my campervan and I go on a two to three month holiday this autumn visiting Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam of course and the Philippines. Will you still be in Tan Bien in six months time and what do you do - sounds interesting! I look forward to your reply and please take care, Terry

Hello! A week or so ago I messaged you regarding a Vietnamese family that I am part of in Tan Bien.
I look forward to your reply so I can put you in touch with my friend Lim who speaks English. Take care, Terence

Terence Smith wrote:

Hello! A week or so ago I messaged you regarding a Vietnamese family that I am part of in Tan Bien.
I look forward to your reply so I can put you in touch with my friend Lim who speaks English. Take care, Terence

You might be better off clicking on his username and sending him a private message. He hasn't posted on here for a year.

Me and my boyfriend are moving from HCMC to Tay Binh on the 2nd of April. We would love to meet more people! We've only been in Vietnam for a week so we don't know a lot of people yet! We're still getting our way around.

Janavheuer wrote:

Me and my boyfriend are moving from HCMC to Tay Binh on the 2nd of April. We would love to meet more people! We've only been in Vietnam for a week so we don't know a lot of people yet! We're still getting our way around.

Are you moving to Tay Ninh city or Tan Bien?This thread is about Tan Bien, you may want to start a new thread if you are moving to Tay Ninh city.

We are no longer in Tay Ninh. The Vietnamese Non-for-Profit organization my husband is working for (and I'm the dependent wife) as moving us several times in the past few months and recently settled in central Vietnam in the province of Quang Nam. Beautiful to be by the sea but miss the wonderful people and abundance of banh canh, banh trang and salt of Tay Ninh