New job

Hello,

I've been contacted for a job offer in Malaysia,  Kuala Lumpur at Confucian private secondary school ( English teacher) . The salary that they put in the description is 16.400 MYR ( found that pretty weird though)  anyway,  just wanted to see if any of you is working there.  And what is it like to live in kuala Lumpur,  the cost of living the pros and cons etc..

Thank you so much in advance
😄😄

RM16k per month or per annum? Haha.. per month.. you will be having a great time here with your family. Welcome.

Per month (monthly 16.400 MYR).
That's what they put.  I found that way too much for a teacher dunnow have to check with them.
Thank you for your reply

yes its a very good option. Anything can happen in private schools especially secondary their fees are very high. good luck mira

Thank you  :)

It should be read as Rm1,640 = 530 Singapore dollars
And if I am correct, please reject that peanut offer.
Even a Malaysian female factory worker gets paid about S$1,800 inclusive of over- time and in addition, a free transport to the factory and back to Johor.
A very smart move, earn in Singapore dollars, spend in Ringgit Malaysia and live in a landed / private property in Johor

Thank you so mch for your reply. The thing is they put in the description: '' monthly salary: 16.400 MYR ( free tax)  ''.

Here is the link for the job
http://vietnamteachingjobs.com/jobs/vie … -malaysia/

Please ask them for a "Letter of Appointment" which will indicate your salary, etc.
If there is no "Letter of Appointment", please don't waste your time.
Can you imagine on the first day of your work only to be told by the HR Dept that it was a typo error in additional zero :dumbom:
And if is really Rm16,400  a month, fly quickly to Malaysia on your magic carpet. ;)
I am  paying my Brand Manager only Rm10,000 a month but excluding comm.
My advice to you, Rm16,400 a month tax free for an English Teacher in a  private Secondary school ... You Go Girl and quickly get the contract signed, :)
All said and done, I hope this Confucious Secondary School is not confused between Rm1,640 and Rm 16,400 ... hahaha
Good Luck Miraa. :)

Hi Miraa,
It is almost 5am here in Malaysia.
My eyes are kind of blurry now, excuse me while I jump into my bed ya. :lol:
Listen, it is possible that they offered you Rm16,400 a month which is less than what a private school in Singapore would have paid you but always remember to ask for a "Letter of Appointment" before accepting any job offer.
Good night Miraa.
Good luck and God Bless.

Thank you so much that was so helpful

Better confirm everything with black & white because the salary is abnormally high for a secondary school teacher.

My local friend is also working as a teacher in a private school, same nature as the school in your post, his monthly salary is slightly higher than 3k.

Although your compensation package is expat's package, it is still way too high, too good to be true to be honest. Besides, there are many English speakers in Malaysia, I also wonder why a private school (NGO) is hiring English teacher from other country, you may need to ask the school to ensure the offer is valid.

Got my Appointment letter and everything is clear.  Thank you for your help 😁😁

Glad to hear that :)

Hey Mira I am also looking to work at Confucian.  Have you done all the paperwork with Malaysian immigration.  They sent me an invoice and I want to be 100% sure its legit before I pay for it. I was wondering if you had talked to anyone who works at the school about the process.

Hey Mira I am also looking to work at Confucian.  Have you done all the paperwork with Malaysian immigration? They sent me an invoice and I want to be 100% sure its legit before I pay for it. I was wondering if you had talked to anyone who works at the school about the process.

Hello kyle,

No don't do anything it's a scam be careful I just called the school and they said that they don't have an HR manager and that the offer do not belong to them.

Thank you so much! Glad I checked this!

Hi Miraa,
Arrived back to Kuala Lumpur yesterday from Manila after my meeting with the Philippine Tourism Dept
I just login and read Kyle Mechling wrote to you that he was also offered a position in the same school but what aroused my suspicion is this part >
"They sent me an invoice and I want to be 100% sure its legit before I pay for it. I was wondering if you had talked to anyone who works at the school about the process".

Miraa, had you mentioned to me in any of our conversations that the school also made a similar request, I would have immediately told you to be careful as it was probably a SCAM.
I was anxious but relieved in your reply to Kyle you did some background check on the company and found it to be a scam

To all foreigners and locals, if you are asked to make any form of payment prior to securing a job from your so called future "Employer",(company) please go ahead tell them to F O. as you are no fools.
Period.

Miraa12 wrote:

Here is the link for the job
http://vietnamteachingjobs.com/jobs/vie … -malaysia/

You scroll down and see a gmail address.
Why would a school with a full .edu.my/ website use a gmail?

The probability of this being a scam is way too high, more so when you google the name againt the school and find nothing except adverts.

One to take very great care with.

It's a scam. be careful.