Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

New job

Hello,

I've been contacted for a job offer in Malaysia,  Kuala Lumpur at Confucian private secondary school ( English teacher) . The salary that they put in the description is 16.400 MYR ( found that pretty weird though)  anyway,  just wanted to see if any of you is working there.  And what is it like to live in kuala Lumpur,  the cost of living the pros and cons etc..

Thank you so much in advance
😄😄

RM16k per month or per annum? Haha.. per month.. you will be having a great time here with your family. Welcome.

Per month (monthly 16.400 MYR).
That's what they put.  I found that way too much for a teacher dunnow have to check with them.
Thank you for your reply

yes its a very good option. Anything can happen in private schools especially secondary their fees are very high. good luck mira

Thank you  :)

It should be read as Rm1,640 = 530 Singapore dollars
And if I am correct, please reject that peanut offer.
Even a Malaysian female factory worker gets paid about S$1,800 inclusive of over- time and in addition, a free transport to the factory and back to Johor.
A very smart move, earn in Singapore dollars, spend in Ringgit Malaysia and live in a landed / private property in Johor

Thank you so mch for your reply. The thing is they put in the description: '' monthly salary: 16.400 MYR ( free tax)  ''.

Here is the link for the job
http://vietnamteachingjobs.com/jobs/vie … -malaysia/

Please ask them for a "Letter of Appointment" which will indicate your salary, etc.
If there is no "Letter of Appointment", please don't waste your time.
Can you imagine on the first day of your work only to be told by the HR Dept that it was a typo error in additional zero :dumbom:
And if is really Rm16,400  a month, fly quickly to Malaysia on your magic carpet. ;)
I am  paying my Brand Manager only Rm10,000 a month but excluding comm.
My advice to you, Rm16,400 a month tax free for an English Teacher in a  private Secondary school ... You Go Girl and quickly get the contract signed, :)
All said and done, I hope this Confucious Secondary School is not confused between Rm1,640 and Rm 16,400 ... hahaha
Good Luck Miraa. :)

Hi Miraa,
It is almost 5am here in Malaysia.
My eyes are kind of blurry now, excuse me while I jump into my bed ya. :lol:
Listen, it is possible that they offered you Rm16,400 a month which is less than what a private school in Singapore would have paid you but always remember to ask for a "Letter of Appointment" before accepting any job offer.
Good night Miraa.
Good luck and God Bless.

Thank you so much that was so helpful

Expatriate health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Moving to Kuala Lumpur

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kuala Lumpur

Travel insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Kuala Lumpur

Flights to Kuala Lumpur

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Kuala Lumpur