Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

Life in Bahrain

Hello everybody !

I'm french, currently living in bangkok, but I have a job opportunity in bahrain.
I never been to the middle east, and I'm wondering how's the life there for women...
Does there is things that they can't do ? if there is a specific dress code to follow ? How different is it from europe ? ...
I've eard really good things about Bahrain, but only men's opinion, I would like from women's opinion :)

Thank you very much,

Victoria

Hi Victoria,
Nice to meet you life in Bahrain is completely different than life in any Arab country.i am from egypt living and working as a cfo in Saudia but living both in Bahrain and Ksa coz life in Bahrain is very comfortable and free than Saudi Arabia. Anyway you welcome any time .
Hossam

In Bahrain life is amazing.
The country is beautiful and so are the people.

Women life happily, you got freedom, if your job pays you well, move to Bahrain.

You'll love the adventure.

The dress code, well foreigners wear anything they wish as long as it's suitable to be worn in public  :lol:

Do let us know if you have more queries.

Hello Victoria,

To answer your question life in Bahrain is good for all but with some drawbacks. Women are free to do as they please and can do anything they want (within reason) just like in Europe or most places in the world.

There is no difference in dress code for expat women in Bahrain compared to Europe. You can wear whatever you want in public but just be aware that if it is revealing then you are more likely to draw peoples attention.

Hope this helps and if you want more information just ask! :)

O

Hi Victoria
The cost of living here is high so make sure the job offer is sufficient to cover your expenses. I don't know what line of work you are in but there are a few scams so ensure the company is legit.
Bahrain is a small mainly friendly island with a good expat community, especially if you join one of the clubs.
Life is pretty free and easy here but there are social guidelines which if you follow you will have no problems. I don't go to the mall in shorts and bare tops because I respect the culture here. Some expat women do. Happy to answer any specific questions if you pm me.

Expatriate health insurance in Manama

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Manama

Moving to Manama

Find tips from professionals about moving to Manama

International Wealth Management in Manama

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs in Manama

Travel insurance in Manama

Enjoy stress-free travel to Manama

Flights to Manama

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Manama