Moving to Binh Duong

Hey everyone, my name is Kyla and I'm from Australia,  my partner and myself will be moving to the Binh duong area as of Wednesday.. any advice on accommodation there would be great. We are looking at more a services type apartment to make things a little easier. Any advice on the local area and where a good location would be would also be great. Just want to learn a little about the place.
Thanks  :)

Binh Duong is a pretty big city. I've been living and working here for over 5 years. It's hard to give you any advice on where to live since I don't know where you will be working in Binh Duong. On the southern end that borders Saigon you have Thuan An and Di An. Heading more north you have Tan Uyen and then the capital of Binh Duong, Thu Dau Mot. Even further north you have Ben Cat District. Just a heads up although Binh Duong is growing exponentially in all facets, construction (like in a lot of cases here) of apartments/condos are nowhere near up to par with western standards.

Thanks heaps for the reply, really appreciate it. My partner has a job in the Thu Dau Mot area.. so it would need to be around there. We have noticed accomadation is not that great. We are really after something with a good kitchen. I noticed on another post you said nothing was within walking distance. So buying a scooter would be the way to go would you say?

If you guys are comfortable driving a scooter, then yes that would be an option; that or taking a taxi everywhere. Walking (unless it's strictly for leisure) is not an option at all.

I'm not sure what your budget is since you don't say but all the condos/serviced apartments here in Binh Duong are grossly overpriced.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Yeah thanks for that info, thought that might be the case..scooter might have to be the option.  We have enquired about one serviced apartment "waterfall residence" not sure if you are familiar, but that is something we are kind of looking for and within our budget. Just wasn't sure around location. I guess we will know more once we get there. Im sure I'll have more questions for you haha.. I really appreciate it. It's so handy!

Kylawaters5 wrote:

Hey everyone, my name is Kyla and I'm from Australia,  my partner and myself will be moving to the Binh duong area as of Wednesday.. any advice on accommodation there would be great. We are looking at more a services type apartment to make things a little easier. Any advice on the local area and where a good location would be would also be great. Just want to learn a little about the place.
Thanks  :)

Hi Kyla!

We are family of 4 and moving to Thu Dau Mot next month ) Looking for the best place to live as well - let's keep in touch and double our efforts )

We were thinking about Sora Gardens or Canary Building. Sora is close to city center, while Canary is a bit cheaper.

Hello Fellow Ozzies, I am Gordon, retired,  living I Cairns and seriously considering of moving to Vn.I would be delighted to have any comments/feedbacks on your move to Vn. Comments on accommodation costs  and general living conditions would appreciated.. I haven't as yet decided where in Vn I would settle, I am single mobile..

Cheers

Gordon... message me if you are still thinking about heading here.

I am now in Can Tho. Arrived on Sunday.great weather.

what are you doing there? You moved there to Live? Any good reason? lol

Had a 1 one way ticket. Am retired. Had nothing serious going on on Australia so why not here. Will find a smaller city/town to live in.as long as I am comfortable,  eating ok, having a chat with sensible people I will be fine. Here by myself , no family with me. Haha, that covers what 
   the ladies ask so quickly .

Why did i say sensible conversation,  that takes the fun out

hi, can you share with me your opinion and insights about live there We are also a 4-person family.

:)