Driving licence in Vietnam

What is the story with drivers licences in Vietnam? If i wanted to ride a moto could I ride on a Cambodian licence or do I need a Vietnamese one?
Are they difficult to get?
What about bringing a moto across the border from Cambodia, is it possible. Or should I buy one in Vietnam?

Are you Cambodian citizen?

If not, just brows the forum, multiple posts cover those topics.

If you are Cambodian, I am not sure what the ASEAN or Viet & Cambodian agreements look like. However, you see quite a few cars and especially buses with Cambodian number plates, so I assume there must be some agreement...

Where are you from ?

if from EU, you can change your driving license to international license and pay money to the officer to exchange  and get the Vietnam driving license.

I am not sure if a Cambodian bike licence will suffice in Vn
You can drive without a licence,lots do,but what happens when the cops stop you.
Have a look at the previous thread " motor bike licence",it's about a month old with my posts on how to obtain a licence as I have recently taken the bike test ( up to 150 cc).....
If you need further info then please post.

A simple transfer from a Cambodian to a Vietnamese license is all you need.

If they stop you????  LOL.. I just never stopped... just wave hello.  There are thousands  of others coming after you go by.. not gonna' waste time and gas chasing a foreigner. That being said... two nights ago two motorbike police did stopp me.. I spoke only French to them... pointed at the young girl on the back of the bike of one cop.. shook my finger and said khong... the other said Go. Lol

alexquyen wrote:

Where are you from ?

if from EU, you can change your driving license to international license and pay money to the officer to exchange  and get the Vietnam driving license.

Option 1, get international drivin permit
Option 2, transfer your license to Vietnamese license.

There is no need to transfer it first to IDP and then vietnamese one.

I guess cambodian license is good here. ASEAN licenses should be valid in all ASEAN countries by now.  Might be wrong.. or not who knows :D