Follow all our news on Facebook!

Driving wife's Bahraini car to Saudi?

so... due to needing some work on my Saudi reg car, I need an alternative way into work. My wife has a Bahraini reg car which she owns. If I wanted to take this to Saudi, I presume I need more than a post-it that says, "I'm happy for my hubbie to take my car out of the country."

What would I need (apart from the insurance when I head over) to show that I have permission to take the car into Saudi and is this any different to what I'd need to bring it back from Saudi?


You need a letter from the owner of the car authorizing you to take the vehicle in to KSA. This letter will have to be submitted/shown at Immigration/Customs on the Bahrain side of the causeway and is usually valid for a period of 1 month

thanks Capt... I'll attempt this on Sunday and will post back here detailing the exact procedure (providing it works!)

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Bahrain

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bahrain

Moving to Bahrain

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bahrain

Travel insurance in Bahrain

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Bahrain

Flights to Bahrain

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Bahrain