Matagalpa o Granada

I lived for 16 months in the Philippines.  I lived in a coastal city that I loved but found oppressively hot.  I like to be outside most of the time and in Dumaguete I kept getting sunburns.  I relocated to Baguio, in the mountains, which had the best climate I have ever lived in.  I plan to come to NIcaragua en  Julio and am deciding between Matagalpa and Granada.  I know that Granada is much warmer, but I read that the humidity is likely not as high as in the Philippines, and that their are cooling breezes at night coming from the lago.  Suggestions, observations?

If you were not comfortable living in the hot coastal region of the Philippines, then you should probably scratch the idea of living in Granada.......It def has its charms but is oppressively hot......and I can handle a lot of heat.......but in the rainy season its not too bad.......But elect is very expensive in Nica and if you are intending to live on the coast or in the lowlands like Granada then plan on spending high dollar for air conditioning......In Matagalpa or Esteli the climate would be more comparable to Baguio.....very comfortable........and pretty clean and friendly and cheap and safe........Granada and anywhere touristy is a den of theives..........you gotta be careful everywhere tho.......especially bus terminals or even riding on buses...........