Introduction to Mauritian Creole

Hi all,

We trying to launch an event for English Expats to get in touch with the local language and would like to know if ever there are English Speaking expats willing to join us.

We do not have any fixed date or place or whatever. We would only like to know the number of interested persons to start the procedures.

We already did it with French expats and now we are focusing on English speaking expats.

This is not an advert. It is mostly a sharing of opinion. You can advise us of what you expect from this sort of event and also how you think we should organise it. I am sure you have some interesting ideas.

Awaiting you proposal and views.

Pascal

Hi i would love to be part of that! Does depend on place & time

Regards
Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your interest. What do you expect from this session??

Pascal

Hi i would hope to be able to have a conversation in Creole. Would also be fun to meet other people in the same situation as myself.

Regards
Patricia

Hello there,
I will be very happy to help with this project but depends on time and date for me also. I can translate Creole to English and vice versa for people who are having problems.

Friendly yours,
Girish

I am interested, kindly indicate place and time! weekend most preferable for me!!!

I would most definitely be interested. Would love to learn more about the language and people.

This would be great as I would very much like to be able to communicate in creole and therefore would like to take part in an introductory course. It would also give me an opportunity to meet people. Most days are good for me but the location might be an issue in terms of travelling.

Good initiative Pascal! I wonder whether there is any way to contact expat doctors in hospitals and clinics in Mauritius? I am sure it would be of the greatest help to them to be able to connect with Mauritian patients? Maybe through the Medical Council?

Hi all. Thank you for your interest in joining us. You can find our event on facebook on expats pages. Please go there and register.

Concerning the Expats Doctors, it should be an initiative of the government. Or else, the doctors will have to register to this event on there own.

You can also use this link to register:

Wish you all the best with the Creole adventure in any way you are experiencing it. Hope I get to meet you all someday and share my expertuse in the domain.

I would be interested, but like  others, would depend on location as i dont  have a car and i live in yhe North (grand baie)

I would jump at a chance to learn to speak Creole please let me know if this has taken off already.

Thanking you

Carlu

I am interested for weekend classes

Hello everyone,

Please refer to the Language classes in Mauritius section by posting your ads whether looking for or proposals if you want to learn/teach creole.

All the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed