Coverage of USA MediCare and MedicAid in Cairo, Egypt?

I am 68 years old and I plan on moving to Cairo Egypt in a few months. I hope to live in Egypt for many years.

Does anyone know if my USA Medicare and Medicaid continue coverage of me in Egypt? I am a USA citizen. Some questions probably should not be voiced; but, one never knows what one might otherwise discover.

We are moving there in August.  Medicare can't be used in any foreign country, as no one  will accept it, nos is it allowed by the U.S. However, you can get reimbursed for services in case of emergency care. Better to purchase private insurance or pay for services there out of pocket. Good luck on your move!

Thanks for your reply, Ccshell72. I hope we can continue to correspond.

Certainly

Where can one buy medical insurance in Egypt. I communicated with Cigna but they told me they don't cover anyone above 60.
Thanks!

Hi, that is a Medicare question you should address with Medicare. 

However,  from what I know, some Medicare Advantage (private Medicare) plans may provide coverage benefits for health care needs when enrollees TRAVEL outside the United States. (Check with your plan before traveling.).

Retirees who are moving to a foreign country-to live- CANNOT USE Medicare to pay for health care while they are living overseas.

You may have to buy expat health insurance.

Kali