Close

Work as an architect for non-Moroccan candidates

Hi everyone!

I joined the community this morning and took some time to read the forums.
I actually live in Italy and I work as an architect/designer. I’m considering Morocco for a possible expat.

I've already visited the south and loved it. The country also tickles me as a design industry worker. I can speak Italian, French and English, but no Arabic at all.

Is there some architect between you, or do you know any non-Moroccan professional who is working / worked in an architectural firm in Morocco? It would be great for me to hear their stories, advices and practical considerations. I am oriented towards Marrakech. I am interested in any kind of position linked to construction / real estate field technical services, not necessarily design ones.

The existing "principe de la préférence nationale" makes it really impossible to apply for a job / internship in a local firm?

Any contribution is welcome  :) !

Hi Sotla B,

Funny you should ask. Although it is unlikely i could help you, i found your post ironic. I am planning to move to the coast next year. My interest is in Tourism. Among the possibilities we are considering is purchasing land, & building. Or purchasing a Rehab project. In either case, an architect would be needed. Perhaps you could consider doing some Freelance.  Just a thought.

Freelance is really tough even in my own country, where I master language, bureaucracy, law system and building codes. I think it's a little bit unreal to start a liberal profession from zero in such a different country, where my signature licence isn't even valid. Maybe with a local partner, but should find one...
In any case, if I succeed in my funny expat project please keep me (and my local partner/employer) in your mind for your renovation! If I don't, consider Italy where I am fully operational   :cool:

No doubt!

Hi ! I hope all is well inshallah. I saw your post looking for a partner architect, and I thougt I may help. I work for a Moroccan lady who is an architect and also looking for a partner to start a business. She speaks fluent arabic and french with a beginner english level though. If you are interested, feel free to contact me and I will send you her phone number.

Thank you !
    Jalila

Expatriate health insurance in Morocco

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Morocco

Moving to Morocco

Find tips from professionals about moving to Morocco

Travel insurance in Morocco

Enjoy stress-free travel to Morocco

Flights to Morocco

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Morocco

2 million members!

Watch later