Claro cancellation fee

Hi all, does anyone know roughly the cancellation fee for cancelling a Claro home telephone & internet 18 month contract where we pay about 2000 pesos per month. We will be  at the halfway point of the contract.  We're not named on the account so can't just call. Wanted to have an idea so I can budget. Thanks in advance

If I remember correctly  it was  the number of months times the monthly fee for the duration!  It is brutal.

Not 100% sure on this, but I believe they force you to pay out the contract.

Thats what I said.......LOL

Thanks for your replies. I'm pretty sure that is only for a mobile contract. I think it is far less than that for a home internet contract thankfully. If there's anyone who has had experience of cancelling a home internet contract with Claro, it would be great to hear from you

Hahaha sorry Planner - didn't see your reply there. But yes, you're correct! Unfortunately Neates, it's the same when cancelling internet, I believe. From my own experience. It was about $700 (US) for me to cancel.

That's crazy. Well, I will find out in a couple of weeks time & will let you know how it goes

When you find out please let us all know. I also think it is all their contracts!   And yes it is crazy.... but remember where we are.......

I was talking to a friend last night who has multiple home internet & landline contracts & he told me that although Claro will try to get you to pay a lot there is a law which means they are unable to charge you for quitting & if you insist they will finally give in. You still might have to pay some kind of fee of about 1000 pesos he said

Forgot to update you. It was 2000 pesos to cancel