Cave of the Crystals - Travel Information / accommodations...

Hello to all,

I just found out that my mother still has a few items on her bucket list... 😁  She would love to go see the Cave of the Crystals in Naica, Mexico.

If anyone has any info regarding travel (from the U.S. or even here in Panama (which airport is closest / best)  - as well as accommodations - vehicle or taxi - or anything else 😊; please pass on.

Thank you and have a wonderful day / week / month and year 🤘

TBird

The Cave of the Crystals in Naica, Mexico, to the best of my  knowledge, is closed to the public. Located 1,000 meters below the surface, humid, and so hot it can only be visited for a few minutes, it is sometimes available to scientists. I have wanted to visit for years, but not being a scientist and not having any influence anywhere, I haven't been able to manage it. In addition, I am very old, so I might have to give up my ambition. If anyone knows how to accomplish this, please let me know.

Would the Waitomo glowworm caves in  New Zealand suffice ?   I saw those and they were pretty impressive. They would also be a lot less dangerous than the place she can't go anyway.

Thank you for the information.  I agree, backup plan is in order.

New Zealand would be wonderful any time 😊  I will do some research...

Have a wonderful evening everyone  😊

Buen viaje :)