in my quest to expat to the UK/Ireland I got an opportunity in Germany (Dusseldorf). I have some difficulties in making a comparison. For UK (London Area) I am dealing for a salary around 75/80k GBP/year gross. For this job in Dusseldorf the salary braket is 65/70k. Now, how can I interpret this salary? I mean, without considering seniority, sector, etc-
- is 65k/year for a single 35yo not married a decent salary for the area?
- is normal to pay 12, 13 or 14 months?
- which is a safe site to calculate net salary from gross? I tried two but I got real different figures (2911 on one and 3400 on the othere!)
- Do you get the Net salary or do you have to pay some taxes by your own at the end of the year?
- is there any fiscal incentive for people who relocate to Germany?
- what about house prices? The bracket in numbeo is large. I tried www.immobilienscout24.de and I have found 80mq for 640 euro in Krefeld, Uerdingen that seems too cheap from what I can understand
Thanks for any tip and trick