Anyone used Cordyceps militaris?

Hi

I wonder if anyone used Cordyceps militaris and if yes, how is it going with your health?
And where did you buy the product as well as how much is the price?

Where to buy it depends on which country you are living in?

I would suggest taking a daily supplement of collagen.

Actually yes , and I'm fine, I get it from people who really understand it four Sigmatic, check out their website for price and information. I never just buy that one product, so I don't recall the price. I do not represent them , nor do I sell their products. I just use them.

Most such dietary supplements only work if you believe in it (placebo effect).
A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables (and no miracle cures) does far more for your health and wallet!

[Post under review]

beppi wrote:

Most such dietary supplements only work if you believe in it (placebo effect).
A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables (and no miracle cures) does far more for your health and wallet!

So the natives who have used herbs and extracts for centuries if not eons, are full of crap ya say.

Many of these things have been researched and tested by time. Curcuma for instance has been found to be effective in 600 treatment modalities. Mushrooms have even been shown to eliminate radiation contamination. Many have shown they work on cancer and don't have the toxic effects. Coconut oil is demonstrating excellent results for many things like dementia..

You do have to pay attention to the provider, and their process. You also have to do the research or at least look at it.  Of course a good diet is required, but a little help with herbs and fungi doesn't hurt, and you have to know what a good diet is, many are clueless.

They screen for the placebo effect. 

Just so you know, my background is in Medicine, and I have used the real herbs and fungi for many years. As for my wallet, no big deal, Moringa, ginger, rosemary, mint, and verbina are growing about 10 steps out side. I can't get the tree grown northern fungi so I use a reliable source. Except for the tree mushrooms , it is only costing me time, and garlic to ward off the Iguanas that love Moringa.

Absolutely agree that we start with a healthy diet, but as Travellight pointed out there are many Herbs and Natural extracts, etc which can be extremely beneficial. I hate seeing people on her worry about if they are going to have problems still getting their Diabetes drugs etc in a new location. They could do so much better if they simply modified their diet and added in a few things to supplement what they are eating.

But sadly too many people what their problems solved with a simple little pill, rather than take the time to educate them selves and limit what they eat.

I did not say herbal remedies are useless - far from it!
I just criticised the dietary supplement industry, with its many dubious claims and fads. For example, a handfull of blueberries collected in the forest has more anti-oxidants than an expensive bottle of noni or aronia flown in from half-way around the world - but since nobody makes much money from blueberries, this fact is not widely published.
I do disagree, however, on the mushrooms - many of them accumulate radioactive isotopes and heavy metals, so collecting wild ones is therefore officially discouraged in Europe (I don't care and eat them nevertheless) - and coconut oil has excessive saturated fats - the lack of dementia where it is used to thicken sauces (India and Southeast Asia) is probably due to them dieing of obesity first. (I do love thick curries, too, but eat them in moderation.)

And cordtceps is a dangerous parasite for many animals, so it's just as well that the ones you can buy are treated until they are biologically dead (and any active ingredient they might have had is degraded).

beppi wrote:

I did not say herbal remedies are useless - far from it!
I just criticised the dietary supplement industry, with its many dubious claims and fads. For example, a handfull of blueberries collected in the forest has more anti-oxidants than an expensive bottle of noni or aronia flown in from half-way around the world - but since nobody makes much money from blueberries, this fact is not widely published.
I do disagree, however, on the mushrooms - many of them accumulate radioactive isotopes and heavy metals, so collecting wild ones is therefore officially discouraged in Europe (I don't care and eat them nevertheless) - and coconut oil has excessive saturated fats - the lack of dementia where it is used to thicken sauces (India and Southeast Asia) is probably due to them dieing of obesity first. (I do love thick curries, too, but eat them in moderation.)

Oh my, You really would benefit from reading research on Pubmed.gov the U.S. system for publishing research.
Blueberries  have similar requirements to Azaleas,  which means some shade is ok, but not full shade and they need acid soil that means many forests would not work, not enough sun, I grew blueberries for many years on a west facing hill with partial shade.

The reason they don't want people out hunting for mushrooms is because many know nothing at all about them. Plenty of research , but they just don't read it. The ones that could be dangerous are found growing on the ground not in trees . The variety that re-mediates radiation is not an edible variety but a specific variety. There are a vast numbers of mushrooms with different forms and uses. Their spores are everywhere. A good book written by a recognized mushroom expert is Mycelium running by Paul Stamets.

Coconut actually does not make you fat, just the opposite. You can't lump it together with animal saturated fats. It has a unique long chain fat. There is excellent research on that on PUBMED.Gov
If people are fat it is the sugar, corn syrup and other excessive carbs. And then there are things like coke and Pepsi. The coke is the problem here.

So get busy , you have a lot to learn. Criticize the supplement cons, because there are a number of them, but save a large portion of criticism for the Pharmaceutical industry.

As I said you are traveling through my area. I worked for many years in a number of areas of medicine, I belonged to the horticulture society, and volunteered to the University master Gardner program , for 3 years.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR