It is posible to go in jail in oman

Im 3 months pregnant and im only almost 8months here im expat it is posible to go in jail here in oman

What a question to ask!!!

You are pregnant, have been in Oman for 8 Months and you want to go to Jail. Is that a serious question?!  :dumbom::/:cool:

Fantasticlady wrote:

Im 3 months pregnant and im only almost 8months here im expat it is posible to go in jail here in oman

Hi Fantasticlady,

The reason for your panic is quite obvious.

You are pregnant out of wedlock.

And yes, it is not taken too kindly in this Islamic country.

Ensure that the person who is responsible for putting you in this fix stays with you - whether he is a local or an expatriate.

Try and figure a way out - together. Do not even attempt to tackle this issue all by yourself, since you simply do not have a case.

Gettig married to your partner will be the simplest solution, if you can manage that.

Sumitran wrote:

You are pregnant out of wedlock.

This did not even cross my mind.

The father is not here he left when he knows that im pregnant he is an expats also so me will face alone this i need some advice if somebody know about my pregnancy.....
It is posible that they put me in jail?

Jhesslyn wrote:

The father is not here he left when he knows that im pregnant he is an expats also so me will face alone this i need some advice if somebody know about my pregnancy.....
It is posible that they put me in jail?

Hi Jhesslyn,

I have written to you in private since this is a very personal issue which does not require public participation.

Just want to ask on behalf of my acquaintance.

Pregnant out of wedlock - is it safe to go for checkups in clinics or hospitals. Are they not going to require any proof of marriage?

orphicpixel wrote:

Just want to ask on behalf of my acquaintance.

Pregnant out of wedlock - is it safe to go for checkups in clinics or hospitals. Are they not going to require any proof of marriage?

Hi orphicpixel,

Read my comments posted on the thread below ...

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=741215

its not legal and she might get her self in trouble.....

hi.  how are yOu?
so did u went to jaiL because of wedLock pregnAncy?

What  this  crime  called  in  Omani  law?

This crime came under the name of (female intercourse with her consent without a marriage contract), as part of the crimes on offer in the Omani Penal Code promulgated by Royal Decree No. 7/2018. Article 259 of the Code stipulates: (6 months and not more than (3) three years each of the reality of female consent without having a marriage contract and the female shall be punished with the same penalty and each penalty of not less than (2) years if one of them is married and presumed knowledge of the marital unless proven otherwise) . The Omani lawmaker did not differentiate between men and women who committed the crime, as the punishment was extended to both sexes,