Expat - Medical Exam

Hi friends,

I am a foreigner who is comsidering to relocate to Malaysia. I have a job offer  with salary hugher then 6000MYR/mo in corporate/sales sector

So i think I should be conisdered under the Category 1 employment pass.

Unfortunately I am HIV Positive. I would like to know if medical exam is required for Expats in MY.

I understand medical is required for earneing less than 5k/mo and in construction.

Please help.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Every Time I applied for a work permit I was required to take a medical exam, and my salary was well above the RM5000 limit. I think it's for pretty much everyone applying for a work permit. But maybe others know better than I do.

Thanks for your response. Do you have the medical yearly also?

No, just the initial one.

So thy will definitely check me for HIV

Really?? I have no any medical check up for those kind of tests.. as well as my friend who was signed contact with the internation company as 7500MYR offers.. No any medical check up too for a company or a workpermit.  :):)

Hi Black,

Really no medical? Even from your country of origin?

Thanks

Can you ask your other friends some more if they have medical? Thanks

Yeah! It actually will test for a regular physicality... However, HIV test may not be applied for our expat staff and it concerns to the law too... All is depending on the company process which you will receive the medical check up list before proceed to the agreement step. If you are worry abt the HIV test...I'd suggest you to request the list from HR before the process begins. Fighting... :)

Thanks for this. Sadly I cancelled my interview just hours before I got your post. T_T

I had no medical exam for my workpass. I think its something an employer may or may not require, not the government, because I was never even asked about it by anyone. But that has been a while, maybe new passes have the requirement.

That said, because HIV is considered to be so important, I think you must tell someone about it and not hide. Truth is, people do try to hide illnesses and Malaysiia is the ongoing victim of typhoid, STDs and the rest of it. Hiding just puts everyone else at risk and thats wrong. I think there should be annual medicals for all foreigners, for all classes of passes.

I would like to move to Malaysia under the MM2H , but as I am HIV + i cannot , even though I have health insuarance etc , in this day and age that must be discrimatory

Medical check up depends on the company and not necessary to apply for employment pass

Im from PH and I was able to work in KL without being required of any sort of Medical exams.

ExFat01 wrote:

Im from PH and I was able to work in KL without being required of any sort of Medical exams.

For immigration purposes it's possible if the job is Category 1 or 2 ie salary above Rm 5000.

But employers are mandated to provide health insurance and may require a medical to join their insurance policy.

Foreign worker temporary employment passes require a medical before approval and blood tests and xray on arrival in Malaysia

It isn't required by POEA?

Maryrose_00 wrote:

It isn't required by POEA?

It's a Malaysian immigration requirement