Considering a move to Mauritius

Hi all! I'm a 26 yr old female who has lived in Dubai for over 2 years now and there's a high possibility that I'll be moving to Mauritius for work this year. All I need is to say yes. 

For those who have been to Dubai, how is the general vibe in Mauritius in comparison?

I'm really anxious about this move but I also don't want to miss the opportunity.

Thanks! x

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dubai is wide awake, while Mauritius often take some naps.

You might get bored if you're addicted to fast-paced lifestyle. Mauritius has its own beauty and charm, which are different from Dubai.

Thanks for the insight, Nadeem. Although might take some adjusting, I don't mind a slower paced lifestyle.

How big is the expat community in there? And where's the best area to get an accommodation if you are working in Ebene? I see Flic en Flac has been highly recommended if you're also looking to be close to the beach.

Thanks again. x

Nadeem wrote:

Dubai is wide awake, while Mauritius often take some naps.

You might get bored if you're addicted to fast-paced lifestyle. Mauritius has its own beauty and charm, which are different from Dubai.

The big choice you have is whether to live near the relaxing seaside and have a long commute into Ebene or live near Ebene and have a long way to go to the beach.

Although distances are short there are major problems with traffic during the rush hour. I live in Rose Hill near Ebene and all I see are traffic jams all day. In fact wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m … centration tells me I live in the 49th most polluted city in the world! I assume that's because of car and bus fumes.