Share info with me on Cuenca

Hi Ya'll!  I'm new here!

I want to know everything, from start to finish, how you got to Cuenca and how you managed to get settled.  I am a Southern Lady, educated with lots of energy and desire to learn a new culture.  Divorced for 20 years, 2 grandchildren!  Most importantly, I think, I want my retirement to be spent wisely and from what I have read, Cuenca is a place where that can happen.

I am concerned, however, that I will not be able to find the things most important to me that will enable me to feel at home in Ecuador.  I am an addict of NPR, ("Public Radio"), classical music and live theater.  While I am certain I will have Internet access, I am wondering about the quality and reliability of the connection.

My interest in moving to Ecuador is also drivin by my desire to experience more and more of this beautiful world and see more and more of God's creations.  It will be challenging but if I am not being challenged, I am in a downhill direction for my life.

I want to know about health care, banking, special services for the elderly, and will I find it easy or challenging to make the transition.  I've been thinking about this for a couple of years, and reading articles here and there.

You can email me if you like.

Hi LadySue, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will share information with you on Cuenca very soon.

I wish you good luck
Christine

HI, we are wondering the same things and just found this expat site.  Did you get any input from anyone and will you please share.

Regards,

Tom and Jaudon

here you might find an info
southofzero.wordpress.com/