Best usages and practices in the Philippines

Hello everyone,

Living in the Philippines means learning new ways of doing things and incorporating to your daily life unique practices.

We invite you to share unique practices, tools or methods that could also make a difference in other countries.
Here are a few examples of the best practices found throughout the world. In France, a health chipcard makes medical procedures easier and faster. In Japan's train stations people queue patiently and orderly. In most parts of North America drivers can turn right at a cross road, even if the traffic light is red. And many countries manage their waste with sorting techniques and colored bins.

What about you? have you found innovative and useful practices or services that make daily life simpler in the Philippines?

Thank you for your contribution.

Priscilla

France? Japan? North America? Right turns on red? Waste? Get real!
Forehead tattoos would work better than micro chips.
First, find homes for the people living on the tracks before teaching them to queue for the train.
How can 3 lanes of gridlock traffic turn right at the same time?
Colored bins? They'd be stolen within an hour. The kids just 'throw it' because the adults do.
Teach discipline and self-determination before the above.

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I got the chance to visit this expat group. It's good to be back. We have been officially living here in the Philippines for 7 years now! Quite challenging, but as the saying goes, it's more fun in the Philippines!

To answer your question:
ON TRANSPORTATION:
We now have the P2P Bus transport that is so convenient,cheaper,  faster and hopefully will retain it's security.
http://froehlichtours.com/p2p/

GRAB/UBER: with these two transport additional providers, passengers feel safer to travel around the Metro since travel is being monitored closely. I have heard some stories of some unfortunate incidents and the only thing I can say about this is to make necessary precautions and proper protection for yourself specially if you are a woman travelling at wee hours in the morning or at night. Someone recommended to check if there is no child lock, the driver should verify your information first and make sure that you contact the driver ahead of time so it is recorded on your phone.  I don't recommend that minors ride on their own as they are not yet capable of sensing any danger or defending themselves.

ON PHILHEALTH: available only to those expats married to a Filipino/Filipina.  For only $4 -$17a month, the whole family is already covered for their health insurance.
https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/