Best usages and practices in China

Hello everyone,

Living in China means learning new ways of doing things and incorporating to your daily life unique practices.

We invite you to share unique practices, tools or methods that could also make a difference in other countries.
Here are a few examples of the best practices found throughout the world. In France, a health chipcard makes medical procedures easier and faster. In Japan's train stations people queue patiently and orderly. In most parts of North America drivers can turn right at a cross road, even if the traffic light is red. And many countries manage their waste with sorting techniques and colored bins.

What about you? have you found innovative and useful practices or services that make daily life simpler in China?

Thank you for your contribution.

Priscilla

I think not talking about religion and race make life easier. In China there is no topic of race and religion in society which makes life easier.

From my 11 years of staying in China i can certainly say that Chinese people 99% are all
low cultured and they fear foreigners and above all do not trust foreigners in any ways .

Their girls are more fascinated by white skin males with blue eyes , and blondish hair for sure .

And their GOD is  Money and they have no Conscience [ like those Psychopaths ] in relationships and
can easily leave their partners for a richer wealthier man  .

A foreigner has to live a lonely life in China , in total isolation , and those fake Chinese friends
they just want something from the foreigners , such as improve their English , that is why they
occasionally make friends with foreigners based on that  ,in their hearts they all hate foreigners and
call them Evils  .

You can see all these Chinese are immigrating to Canada ,  USA , Australia and they are like Pest
scattered all over the world , and profiting from these country's generous Immigration plans , and
even in those countries they are bonding with themselves only and just care for their own selfish
interest  , and the Chinese government give ZERO support to Foreigners in China , for immigration
or financial support and so on  .

People are so discussed to see huge number of these Chinese immigrating to the western countries and taking over most businesses , we hope this stops  .

The Chinese have a lot of rules and laws and tend to follow none of them. It is a more exciting, if dangerous way to live.

@WalterHero - Obviously, from your article and the way you describe the Chinese, your eleven years here have been extremely unhappy and unfulfilling. Why have you remained for this length of time?

My experience during my 20 years here have been the complete opposite.  We can find people you described in many countries.

Have you learned the language, imbued yourself into the culture, celebrated the holidays, made friends, traveled, enjoyed the food?

Once you make peace with yourself and China, you'll find the country a more satisfying place to live and continue to live.

Of course, the rules and regulations, many never having been committed to paper can be frustrating. Visas, the ever changing local laws can be vexing, but in order to live here we must accommodate ourselves or we'll never be at peace.

I wish you well.

David

well well well...I read many postings on various subjects... but not often do I have the urge to reply....this is an exception...
my first trip to PRC was in 1983..yep.. a very long time ago....
Ive had many trips to China.... but decided in 2009 to make China my home....
Walter Hero you are correct in most of what you say....
Fdawei ... so are you.....
but we make the choice to live here ... and as such... we should be prepared to accept the sorry way of life that many lead

If you consider the heat in the kitchen is unbearable....easy solution.... either air condition it..(in other words..make it more comfortable and acceptable to yourself) or leave it for others to work in ( leave the Country)
yes..in some instances when they move to other countries.. some do tend to all live in the same area... and do tend to not integrate  ...
OMG look at all of the "Foreigners" in China..living in exactly the same way here... they all like to live where there are many other "Foreigners" and spend all their time criticising  the country they are in..its people and their way of life..,...Be it China... Vietnam..Australia...Canada..or any other country....those people shouldn't be there ...,

I'm an Australian....and bloody old.... I remember when Australia had a "White Australia" policy.... and I remember when it changed to allow non Europeans .. and non Christians into my country....we were an underpopulated country...and our government bought many migrants from Italy, Greece... and many other countries....those Migrants did exactly the same...they moved into areas where other migrants lived.... they bought businesses...( mainly businesses that stupid Australians considered hard work   and were to lazy to do ) and they tended to stick together... however... that was the migrants themselves.... the first generation that was actually born there  they were very different... and now in their 3rd and 4th generation... the assimilation is is virtually seamless....
As an aside...I'm from Darwin in Australia....and the Mayor.(Leader) of that city.... democratically elected by the residents of that city... is Chinese... 3rd generation Australian....and is a great city leader loved by most....

be patient... be forgiving....be understanding... be human..ha ha

"Chinese government give ZERO support to Foreigners in China , for immigration
or financial support and so on "

Chinese is not an immigrant-friendly country , there are many obstacles for foreigners in here such as visa, banking, job , law ,food safety , healthcare etc .

Chinese people are kind to foreigners MOSTLY ,but government only welcomes wealthy foreign companies .

there are some reforms in china from 2016 , seems they try to welcome more foreigners , they also give chinese green card to some elderly people !

anyway if you wanna live in china 1- be tough 2- learn language 3-be strong !

Sure. I like china because I am generally responsible for my own actions. No lawyers to fear.  More of that needed in the USA. I fall in a hole. Hey open my eyes.  Etc. the regulations are lighter. Meaning things are more acceptable and use my common sense to survive. Things are more obtainable.  I live in jingdezhen. Most here use antiquated machines and equipment to produce ceramics. Which actually is not good and slows production. I think the lack of ordinances is helpful in day to day life makes it much easier to live. The traffic laws or lack there of. (Or lack of existing laws) keep traffic moving I like that too. The adult toys in vending machines is pretty cool. Ha ha never used. But have seen. I like pandemonium it's awesome. And you can get lost in it. Which is even better. I light up a smoke while waiting in line at the bank. China I love you for these reasons. There's no bull shit. The justice system is swift.  Read the drunk driving laws. Criminals be ware. This isn't mamby pamby USA. No guns allowed. Love the safety here.