Retired married couple considering moving to Montenegro

My husband and I are retirees. We live in Youngstown, Ohio and we would like to relocate to Budva, Montenegro. The problem is that at this point we do not know anything about this country. Some information is available via internet, however it does not cover all areas.  We would welcome and appreciate any information someone would kindly share with us.

We are looking for some input:
1. How friendly are local and expat communities and how easy would be process of communication    and adoptation?
2. Due to our age, we would be looking for house cleaning services, different set of servces around the house and so on. How accessible and how affordable are they?
3. How easy would be communication in English. We know some Russian as well.
We have a lot of questions, but these three are enough for a start.

Thank you very much in advance.

Alisa

Hi Alisa,
            i would recommend that you would visit several locations in Montenegro first before you make your mind up as there are so many choices i would also like to point out to you that it gets very busy in  coastal areas in the summer months of July and August and especially in  Budva .I have my house in the Herceg Novi area and while it does not get as busy as budva in the summer time it can busy enough.  Regarding cleaning services you will find that this will not be a problem as you can find someone quite easily and it is not so expensive.I  think that you will find lots of people who can speak English in Montenegro and i have found that a lot of young people can speak English but there are also a lot of other Montenegrins of all ages who have traveled a lot and who have good English but i would also suggest that you would make an effort to learn some Serbian so that you can manage to get by.

I retired to Herceg Novi 8 months ago!  Budva is a lot busier with tourists and young kids partying.  Consider Herceg Novi before you commit!  Even after 8 months, I'm still blown away every day by the beauty of the Bay of Kotor (Boka Kotorska)

Nick Latif