Best School Program And Awesome Leisure Centre Everybody Should Know

I arrived in Phnom Penh in September 2015 using a one way airplane ticket from Canada. I wanted to stay one year and I am still here in March 2017.

I am working on an art project with students of Seametrey Children Village in Tonle Bati and can't leave the students and the place. It is such a pleasure to be with them and to be in this healthy environment.

Beside the academic, the school has an interesting creative center where they can express themselves through visual arts and drama. A little bit farther on the campus they have music class.

The sports curriculum offers a variety sports that is catching the interest of each student. These activities are open to the public during weekends. I will describe them as your point of view so you can picture yourselves being there.

You want a day out breathing fresh air? Tonle Bati located at only 30 km from Phnom Penh is the place to go. To me it is the greatest leisure centre of Cambodia ! It is full of fun activities into one big location.

I am sure, this amazing place in the nature will stunned you. It is the ideal place for family reunions, team reunions, retreats, school fieldtrips, birthdays, weddings, graduations, parties, picnic or just for a fun day with friends. You name it !

It is called Seametrey Leisure Centre and it is new. It is located into the part of Tonle Bati that is in Kandal province. It is ready now for people that want to enjoy to be in the nature. The activities over there make it fun to be outside.

Who likes to play volley ball ? or basketball ? You want to try skateboard ? They have the equipment ! How about jumping happily on their trampoline ?

Hey sport teams, you can organize any tournament with other sport teams. Nice football field, volley ball and basket ball courts, swimming pool big enough to play water polo, etc.

Do you honestly want to have more fun ? Don't forget your bathing suit !  3 stunning swimming pools with filtered salted water every day.  One 20m long, another one 10m long, they also have a young children swimming pool of 5m diameter.

Parents, if you are sick and tired do not find a dream place for your young children, their  playground will delight them and they have “Desert Um Said” where they can climb  a real sand dune.

Seametrey Leisure Centre has a very large terrace in front of the lake for you. You can enjoy a sunbath if you like.

They offer 3 meals per day at their restaurant and the cook is good too! They have a fire oven pizza and a BBQ as well.

They are so close to Wat Kos-Sokrom pagoda.   

You even won't have time to go to Phnom Tamao wildlife reserve  which is at only 6 km from there.

Imagine all the fun you can have and loving every minute of it !

It is good to know that this business is 100% Khmer and the profit helps keep the school on the campus running.

You can come by car, truck, van, tuk tuk, cyclo, bicycle or you can even walk. They have their own bus too! 

Their  outstanding team is welcoming you, your family and your friends !

P.S. Hey Cambodian and expats start beautifully Khmer New year at Tonle Bati with them. So, take a break, this is for you! I have a warning though: do not go somewhere else on Sunday April 2nd . Get their cheap, really cheap amazing  day dream worth much more money just for you. Mark it on your calendar: April 2nd, 2017. Don't worry if you missed it SeametreyLeisureCenter.org  is open to the public all weekends  at the price of $ 5. for Non Khmer and $ 2.50 for Khmer.

Sounds wonderful! The school portion was peaking my interest, because I am an English teacher and I am seeking a good place to teach. I am also a pretty good musician and would love to introduce children to the joy of music. Then, I saw that you only employ Khmer. Disappointing. Oh well. Good luck with your wonderful facility! God bless you!
~Kabe

So, is this an NGO or a private school or what?
Also there's very little  description of the academic side or the grade levels taught.  More info please.

Dear sir,
This place sounds great,
I am looking for a place I can make a difference and help those in need, if you require any volunteers please see my profile as I think I would be a good asset to you.I look forward to your reply. ...

Kind regards

Mr William Scott - Ryan

Come to our Amazing Khmer New Year Party on Sunday April 2nd and talk to Muoy You. This might change. Bring your bathing suit, you will be happy you did!

This is a NGO school.
Go to You Khin House, 13A, street 830, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Phnom Penh 
m. 012 235 962 You will talk to Muoy You the director

Thank you, Scottryan ! This is kind of  you. This place is great. Sure, volunteers are welcome. Please call Muoy You the director at m. 012 235 962

Cambol stated, "Come to our Amazing Khmer New Year Party on Sunday April 2nd and talk to Muoy You. This might change. "

What is the "this" that might change?  A bit too vague.

There is already a phone number on this page. You can call and ask your questions.

"There is already a phone number on this page. You can call and ask your questions."

I do find it quite strange that you think I should call a complete stranger to ask for clarification about your written text.  Presumably all readers here hope to acquire solid information from posters without being shunted elsewhere.  So I repeat my question, "What is the"this" that might change?".  There's no clear antecedent for your "this."

What you never call a stranger for information ? This is a school !  I wrote this text with my heart. I taught many years and it would be nice that I would be a child again to go to that school. That's it !  I will not respond to your comments anymore.

"What you never call a stranger for information ? This is a school !  I wrote this text with my heart. I taught many years and it would be nice that I would be a child again to go to that school. That's it !  I will not respond to your comments anymore."

Really quite a childish response.  I asked you a question about an unclear text YOU wrote, not a third party.  It wasn't my comments you didn't respond to, it was my question.  It is fine to write with your heart, but it would be an improvement if your brain participated as well.

Into one of my Master Degree class at university, we were 30 students. We met for 3 hours per week over a 15-week semester. The whole 45 hours was to define the “educated individual” into as less as possible number of words. Lectures, researches and discussions were target to find the key words. At the last class, we all agreed on 3 words: Autonomous, Responsible and Creator. All other qualities that a person should have enter into one of them.

I am an outsider, not an insider  of Seametrey Children Village. I do not know what is happening into the classrooms but I see a lot of students skipping on the campus. Skipping is called happy jump.

This school offers summer classes. Summer classes are more relaxed. I have seen groups of students choosing to go to an academic class instead of a leisure activity. I heard many students saying: “We want to learn.”

William Butler Yeats who received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1923. said: “Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.”

To my opinion, the best education system must be balanced. There are 4 big educational areas

* Knowledge: language arts, math, science, social studies

* Know how to do: learn to merge intellect to life skills

* Know to be: practice actions and reactions adapted to the society and the environment

* Be: develop awareness of their body and mind

I believe the only really substantial goal education can reach is help us to become continuous, lifelong learners

John Dewey, American philosopher, psychologist, and educational reformer whose ideas have been influential in education and social reform, said: “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.”

That's just my two cents' worth.