How to make friends in Ireland

Hi,

I know how you feel i'm from London and now living in Kells Meath, I have 2 kids (3+9) My wife is from Dublin and been living here about 7 yrs and its nothing like i imagined. I have cousins in Manchester and have been there a couple of times and just like London its vibrant unlike Cavan, Kells and  even Dublin is nothing like back home. I would go back to England tomorrow if i had a chance. Pace is soooo slow.

It's not that I don't like the place I love my house and the area I live in just need some friends. Did you make any friends when you moved there has your wife made any friends my girls miss Manchester so much .

We live in a small estate and have nice neighbours who've made me feel very welcome. I play 5 a side footie during the week and have made a couple of mates from there who i'd go out for a few jars @ our local, unfortunately cousins from my wife just don't meet up at all its only xmas day or the odd Birthdays. My wife is a teacher in Dublin and yes she has a couple of friends and she would catch up which is all good but as being a family man and being brought up going to dinner parties all my life (Kidz all ages would be there until what ever time) but here it's Pub and only Pubs where kids are not allowed!?! I do feel for your daughter who's experiencing what i'm going through and it's not easy at all, my 9 yr old lad is asking why are we here when we were living in London and it really makes him cry sometimes as we go to london every summer and boy do we love it but i can't say the same for over here.

Hi,

My name is Cathy, I moved to Cavan 3 years old. Can we be friends?

Hi,

My name is Cathy,I am Chinese married to a Irish husband. I live on Keadue Lane,Cavan town. Can we be freinds? my phone number xxxx

Hi Cathy,

This is an old thread, i recommend you post on recent threads of the Ireland forum so that you get some interaction.

P.S contact details should not be published on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hey i have read your comment on the thread, i know it has been 4 years already. How are you finding Ireland? 🙂

Hi, i am jackie! I am from the US i live in boston, me and my boyfriend are thinking about moving to ireland next year. My mother is a citizen, and i am working on my citizenship now. We were hoping to make some friends before we got there!

Hi Jackie!

My wife and I live in Boston and are also interested in immigrating to Ireland. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone on the ground there as sponsors, and my wife's family left there far back in her lineage.

Good luck, and let me know how you do.

Kurt