Is it possible to get job in Canada while another country?

I love to work in Canada though in another country presently, is it possible to get a job in Canada to help facilitate the immigration process? If it is possible I will need to get the link. I need a sincere and honest response.

Nattyo,

You're in the IT industry. Yes its not impossible. You should know depending on what area you are in, how much of a commodity your skills are. Now, presently the most hi-tech and pressing skill shortages are in the area of analytics, machine learning, bioinformatics, cloud - basically newage type of technology. Typically start-ups or more web related companies are the ones who need people with these skill sets. House hold names like Google, Facebook, Amazon as well are companies that desire these people. And for that reason, if you apply to companies like those, they will be more than willing to go the distance to make sure you can come here legally to work.

Now, having said that IT skills in general are always in demand. Even if you're doing things like mainframe dev like PL1, Cobol, or Java - with JMS, or some niche products like Tibco or SAP, you'd be in demand. The only problem is the companies needing these kinda skills are more conventional. And therefore, are NOT as high-risk takers to wanting to invest in talents out of the country. They would expect you'd already be able to work here legally. So that means you already have at the very least - an open work permit or a PR status.

I do know of a job ad site called https://techmeabroad.com/ which hosts ads from companies that are willing to help you out with your immigration needs. If you head there, you'd notice that they are typically startups and using new age related technologies and concepts and therefore willing to look for people overseas if they fit the bill. Now, I must say if you're thinking that its only big name companies you're looking for for a future, that is not the case here in Canada - it can be equally rewarding to work for a smaller / start up company - both financially and career wise. I should know because I have worked in a start up based company here in Canada before.

Hope this helps.

I really appreciate your concern and advice. I will work on your information.
If I may ask, are you a Canadian?

I am a Canadian PR living in Canada for close to 9 years

That is great, how is it like study and work same time it is possible?

Yes but one's expectations must be set right in that regard.
You cannot possibly expect your typical desk job with your own cubicle and company laptop issued to you kinda environment.  Though it may not be impossible, but the chances of that happening is remote to none.

Why?

The first hurdle you will have as a legally permitted student to study in Canada (obviously you'll need to register to a tertiary institution for a course that's at min 2 yrs long - to obtain your study permit), you are only allowed to work for a max of 20 hrs per week off campus. You'll to apply for an off-campus work permit for that which is extra cost in itself. Because you are only allowed to work 20 hrs max, any potential employers will be put off by your application - all except if you work for the typical waitering type of work or in the store etc. Now, if you work on campus, you can work without an off-campus work permit. You'll need to be employed by the university or college. Jobs can be from working as a night guard or working as a desktop support technician based in the library for example. Personally I'd prefer the later. Then there's also a case of you working as a part time building superintendent of the apartment you are staying in - that really depends if the apartment is looking for someone. Then you make your rounds at night checking the building etc. I believe for that situation you don't need a permit. All these jobs mention are minimum wage. They range from $10 /hr to $13/hr (for the computer support one).

So, its not your typically desk job nor glamorous work, but its certainly something to fund your living expenses while you get through your course. Obviously you'll need to balance between the time you work and the time spend finishing your projects and assignments so that at the very least you pass your exams and can graduate on time.

The idea is to graduate and after which you can then apply for an open work permit. This allows you to work with any company legally. After 2 years of an open work permit, you can go on to apply for Canadian PR.

Thanks Philipyeo I really appreciate you. Butt is there any better school of such with low tuition fee you can recommend?

Hi Nattyo,

Coming into Canada as foreigner for studies will set you back a little extra for fees no matter which university or college you go to. Why? Because you'll have to pay differential fee that applies to non Canadian or non Canadian PR students. The difference is that the extra fees you have to pay you'll get back in return when you use your tuition fees rebate when you start working and earn and income.

Having said all that, in general university with the cheapest fees are in province of Quebec because the provincial government provide higher education subsidies there which explains why the personal income tax there is higher. The second cheapest is in Newfoundland. But there's only 1 university there - Memorial University. You may also want to consider a community college - they are typically cheaper and may provide more hands on type of courses and training. Some of the good ones like Mohawk College, Seneca, or even NSCC here in Halifax. There are of course others but I am not all to familiar with them.

Then again, it all depends on what type of studies you are interested to pursue.

Thank you sir I am pleased and informed

You're welcome