Cabo Rojo/Rincon seniors

Would like to hear from seniors who are happily living in either Cabo Rojo or Rincon and who feel that their basic necessities, including medical care, ease of shopping, etc., are being met "by island standards" to your satisfaction.

Well, yeah.  Retired gringo guy here, in San Sebastián.
Medical care is different here, definitely slower and you need to be more self-reliant & push a bit, but it's been adequate. And much less expensive.
Shopping, I can't answer, not really an active consumer, but the farmers' markets & the groceries are fine.  There are a few items I can't find, but Amazon provides.
What specifically concerns you?

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to respond.  Is San Sebastian a CR barrio? The concerns are many, but essentially have been trying to settle on a final retirement destination for years, all choice are bad choices since I can either survive in desert of seaside locations -- no winter.  I lived in PR many, many years ago, late '60s, early '70s, and with the current long recession, or is it a depression, PR is and will never be the same. Right now, I'm trying to gather enough information to decide if this area would be remote enough for the least stress, but populated enough to support services without having to travel to Mayaguez. I did find a Centro de Ahorros supermarket, which would be helpful. Mostly, it looks like a lot of furnished homes available for rent (I imagine the owner wants to sell, but can't in this economic climate). I have an Internet business, and mostly only leave the property for shopping.  I imagine you drive, I don't.  This leaves Lineas Caborojena publicos for trips to Mayaguez. I speak Spanish, know the PR temperament and lived in work in Mexico for many years, so no culture shock really. Looks like CR has some physicians/hospitals, but if the US Congress succeeds in killing Medicare, it won't matter anyway.  So, you might want to chew on that. I already know the "cons" I'm looking for a few "pros" that would make just considering western PR worthwhile.
Thanks again.

I'm sorry. I'm in the West but in a different town. 
Not driving would be a problem. 
There are some areas of Cabo Rojo and Boquerón that has services in walking distance,  but these are often the loud, "party" areas that might not be stress-free. 
I'd love to never be in Mayagüez traffic again, but there are too many services that are only found there.
Actually,  Aguadilla,  on the old Ramey AFB is nicely set up for "urban dwelling".

Thanks again. I have a bad feeling about traffic.  It wasn't actually dangerous in the period I noted in the last reply, but if you tried, even in those days, to go from the Condado through Isla Verde to Carolina, you would just set there, not move.  Even in Tucson, I have to dodge cars; imagine, a 74-yr-old isn't good enough to stop and wait, not, just cut him off.  I expect that's true now in PR.  So, maybe I should try Aguadilla, Jet Blue I think used to fly direct from NYC.

DM

I live in Sabana Grande, your closer hospital will ne Menonitas in San German right off hwy 52. The Cabo Rojo/Boqueron area is busy with tourists over the weekends. Mainly quiet weekdays. Doctors, foodstuffs and other stuff can be locally find. Not been able to drive can be an issue, public transportation is not the most reliable around. Some municipalities have free rides to and from some areas, not sure if Cabo Rojo offer it.

I can avoid Mayagüez often by going to Aguadilla.  There lives my doctor, dentist, opthalmologist & attorney, etc.  Also has malls, theater, many decent restaurants. The former base is almost like a "planned community ". lt's also the site of regional government offices & agencies.
It's not traffic-free (one notorious intersection of rt 107 shrinks from 4 lanes to 1 lane in about 100 meters) but it's no Mayagüez.