Renting a condo or house

I am planning to buy a condo or a house to rent out, but I want to see if it is worth while. Is there anyone in the forum who is renting out and if so, have you been successful doing so? I figured it would be very successful since I checked out the booking for resorts and most of them are booked for the whole year of this year until next.

Where are you planning on buying this property?

I was thinking either Ambergris Caye or Placencia.

On the subject of owning property to rent out.  We have property on Ambergris Caye that we rent out and have found it to be quite profitable so far.  As with everywhere, however, location matters.  If you are looking at properties on Ambergris Caye, my experience is that the properties are more expensive, but there is significantly higher demand for rental properties so you will possibly do better than elsewhere.  Our condo, which is located in an upscale resort, is rented at least 80% of the year, including the low season.  I can't speak to the rental markets in other parts of the country, but Ambergris is very active.

The demand is high and that is one reason why I want to buy property to rent out on Ambergris Caye. All the resorts that I check the booking were on Ambergris.