Tunisian looking for a teaching job

Hi all,
I am a Tunisian Emglish teacher with a 15 years experience in Tunisia and the UAE. Married to a British and came to U.K. In 2014. Due to having a baby I decided to take care of him but now as he is three , I am willing to go back to work but I am facing many obstacles in U.K. To be hired because my qualifications are from Tunisia and sounds that I need to have other trainings and certificates to be considered to any teaching opportunity. I am not sure if I get the QTS that will be enough to be hired in the teaching field here or do I need other things to do. Please give me more information if any of you have been in the same situation or if you do know more details about it.

Best Regards
Hajar

Hi Hajar,

The organisation in the UK that deals with overseas qualifications is called NARIC; this link will take you to their website.

As to the "how" etc, I honestly have no idea; but I suggest you speak to them and before you spend any money, ask for any testimonials they have from previous success.

Best of luck. :)

Have a look at this site, its what all teachers use https://www.tes.com/

Hi Cynic,
Thank you for your nice reply. I actually contacted them and I got an equivalence for my degree. I agree with you that I should look for the proper and official information before spending any money. I am just confused by some details as some say you just need a qts because I have a good experience and others say you need more than a qts! Anyway, I am still looking for the exact information and guidance :-)
I once again appreciate giving me some of your precious time to write me back.

Kind Regards,
Hajar

Thank you for your reply. Very helpful :-)

Janjoura wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Very helpful :-)

There is also a newspaper version and can be bought at newsagents.

Times Educational Supplement (Tes)

Good luck