Permanent residence visa to live in Pakistan

The information out there is very, very vague on this at times. 

First off, I am married to a Pakistani man and want to move to Islamabad with him.  The only thing I can find about being able to stay indefinitely is the POC but most government websites/embassies say the POC has been suspended for foreign spouses who are not of Pakistani origin.

Can anyone advise on the procedure to be able to stay indefinitely?

Najira welcome to Pakistan forum.

It sounds confusing, you are a man married to a Pakistani man. I am afraid same gender marriage or relationship is not yet recognized in Pakistan. :sosad:

Not sure where you got that idea.  I am female.

But yes, I know they aren't, regardless.

Hi NajiraRana,

Your profile info is not up to date : https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … mp;lang=en

You should probably change that.

:)
Bhavna

OH!  Well, my face is red. Thank you for pointing that out! My apologies!

NajiraRana wrote:

The information out there is very, very vague on this at times. 

First off, I am married to a Pakistani man and want to move to Islamabad with him.  The only thing I can find about being able to stay indefinitely is the POC but most government websites/embassies say the POC has been suspended for foreign spouses who are not of Pakistani origin.

Can anyone advise on the procedure to be able to stay indefinitely?

One of my non-Pakistani acquaintances who lives in Pakistan said that they could apply regular visa to stay in Pakistan for 1 year and just renew it every year.

Just ask your husband to call Pakistan Immugration officer to gather more information about it.

Thank you very much for your help!  I will have him do that. :)

hi welcome, go to the link and go down to the para "foreign ladies married to Pakistan nationals"
http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Immigration.aspx

Good luck. stay blessed

Those are the specifications to qualify for citizenship.  I'm just looking for a long-term visa.

I was married to a Pakistani for 11 years. I had to also just get a visit visa good for 1 year multiple entry but 2 months duration stay... annoying :)

in Pakistan every thing is possible if you got $$$ good luck

Me and my fiancé from Chakwal,  Pakistan both working here in Jeddah,  and we ate planning to get married here,  and how?  After the marriage,  another twisting in my brain,  how can i get resident visa,  coz he planned to quit his job and we go home to Pakistan for good coz we both want to stay there and live husband wife,  anyone can help me share ideas and knowledge so i could be granted for resident visa in Pakistan?
Thanks in advance.
God bless us all

the est possible advise you cold get from this forum is to stay updated with embassy of Pakistan abroad and this will get resolved. they regularly update the visa policies and you could see if you can meet all the requirements to get the visa.

even when you get the visa you will regularly have to update  or renew it every year so that you could stay in Pakistan for more time. or you could choose to pay regular visits.

Thanks.