Any South Africans staying in or around Helmond

Hi All I'm not a new expat to the Netherlands I actually have dual citizenship so i've done a lot of travelling between South Africa and the Netherlands, but would love to see how many South Africans are staying in or around Helmond (close to Eindhoven)would love to start making friends to socialize with maybe do the pub thing once in a while, will have to be on the train route or in walking distance as those are my only modes of transport for the time being, also if there is someone who can help with advice or tips for obtaining a valid drivers license without it costing too much or taking too long i would appreciate it, i really don't want to face going through all the hassle of lessons and doing the exams in Dutch, I was told that you used to be able to convert your South African Drivers license to a dutch one can any one confirm...?

Hi Hollandvsa,

I am Lebanese and i have exchanged my lebanese driving license to a Dutch one and bought a car. In fact, you should have 30% tax-free deduction so that you will be able to exchange your driving license, otherwise it won't work.

Hope I could help you, and if you need any clarification just contact me back.

Hi Maher,

Thanks for the reply, I  am interested to know how long ago you did this and where ou went to to do this exchange also what did it cost you, more detailed information would be much appreciated
thanks

P.S: could you provide contact details and or websites where i might be able to do further research on this matter