Mason cost?

Does anyone know what the average wage for a skilled mason per day?

Mason? Is that cement block work or what??

I just finished a project and I paid Mason's 1,000 pesos a day and lunch. Laborers 500 and lunch. On big projects it's better to negotiate a price for the entire project. That prevents the job being stretched out and driving up your costs.

DRyaimi is correct for the foreman (supervisor) 1000 to 1200 a day and workers about 500. This is plus lunch and maybe some money towards transportation.

Bob K

Thanks guys!!!

thank you for your quick responses!!  I will be on island March 15 to 30 in the Pedro Brand area and Polo if anyone is close by I am interested in meeting some folks that have made the big move as I am just starting the "reset" and could use some cagey veteran advice...Gracias!

Those must be what gringos pay, not the norm for locals. Ive heard way less.

I have to look up Pedro Brand, I dont even know where that is....

about twenty minutes north west of santo domingo

yes colonel i have heard lower wages as well like 40 percent less than quoted here

Thanks, now I know!!!

This afternoon a local confirmed 500 plenty. Gringos almost always way overpay for............................ everything.

that's great info colonel...thanks

In addition to daily wages, paid lunches may also be required for laborers.

Km 25 is where Pedro Brand is. Or the 1st toll booth when entering the capital

You can hire at that rate easily colonel. You get what you pay for. Good luck with that

Now I know where it is!!!

That's just the cliche/rationalization that all grongos who.......overpay say. AND, it's not evidence based.
In general newby gringos ask what other gringos pay, when they should be finding out what locals pay....the real price.