Moving to Qatar

Hi All!

I am guy from Turkey who is about to move to Qatar, Doha most probably...

I am on a decision phase for taking that job or not with lots of question on my mind. I would be very gladful if anyone can help...

First of all, how is life in Qatar? Is it, or can be any smiliar to western life? How is the social life, nightlife, day life in general matters?

Also the salary, how much would be a good income for someone who is leaving his country for making money for the rest of his life?

Rather than those, anything you can tell would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi nailo, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will give you information on Qatar very soon.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Nailo,

My own perception of Doha for nightlife/social life is quite negative. I only spent limited time there, but can't say I was impressed with what I saw. I was shown around by people who had lived there for many years and assured they took me to the best places. I have since checked with others who have either lived or spent time there, and the general attitude I found was that they just wanted to get out asap, but also confirmed that the places I saw were the better ones. It's quite boring from a western perspective, especially if you are relatively young and don't have wife/kids. Suppose you gotta weigh up money vs living as importance for your life.