Close

URGENT - Iqama Transfer of Father to Son Iqama

Dear All,

My father has been working in KSA for 35 years, however the Company has given notice to leave in 2 months time now..

I am working in a job in Riyadh as "Accountant", is it possible to transfer my father and mother under my sponsorship as dependents?

It is really urgent and any help regarding the possibility and procedure will be much appreciated.

JazakAllah....

There is a possibility to transfer dependents on to your iqama if approved by Minister of Foreign Affairs. You will need to approach the ameeri diwan or ministers office and submit an application which they will collect and give you a reference number that which can be tracked through MOFA portal. Once approved they will be under you. For application submit all documents copy, proof or reason why you are asking them to be under you etc.

HRGuru :

There is a possibility to transfer dependents on to your iqama if approved by Minister of Foreign Affairs. You will need to approach the ameeri diwan or ministers office and submit an application which they will collect and give you a reference number that which can be tracked through MOFA portal. Once approved they will be under you. For application submit all documents copy, proof or reason why you are asking them to be under you etc.

exactly as HRGuru said ,
i Have my father under my brothers sponsorship , we did the same thing and AL Hamdulelah  we could transfer him .

Don't worry , Inshallah you can do it .

But it varies from case to case
Nationality also
Last year we tried but they didn't approved

Certainly it depends on case by case basis and it should be strong justification to allow this, like you are the only dependent who can look them after etc etc. Guess Vitamin W can also help if you can spare / find some.

Thank you for your reply.

Since you have already done the procedure....

Can you guide me step by step on how to do it?

Much appreciate the help!

Thanks,

You will need to approach the ameeri diwan or ministers office and submit an application which they will collect and give you a reference number that which can be tracked through MOFA portal. Once approved they will be under you. For application submit all documents copy, proof or reason why you are asking them to be under you etc.

Such transfers are open for certain nationalities due to situation in their country and they can directly apply in Passport office.
For Pakistani National, your father must be 60 above and approval from MOI is needed.
Pay a visit "interior miniistry office for electronic service" or "د يو ان وز ار ة الداخلية " and ask for the requirements to submit application. I will list the requirements I know and they will guide you further:-
1) Letter from you stating that you want to take your father under your sponsorship. Stress on the point that you are the only one who can take care of him. It is called "معروض"
2) Salary letter attested from chamber of comm.
3) No Objection letter from your company

Approval depends on many factors, one of them is profession in residency permit (it has to be good).
Requirements are many and be prepared for lengthy list of requirements and a long process. Pay a visit to Passport office to get the detail of requirements. Here is a link to slightly different topic to give you heads up:-
http:// qsaudi.com/transfer-family-members-sponsorship/
If you need further details pls inbox me.

Hi, is it possible for a female daughter as well? can her parents transfer under her sponsor?

I do not believe this to be possible. Havent heard of it yet, dont see technically an issue though.

My wife last year tried but in istakdam they didn't approved the same...as they said your husband is here so need
Even though she is a single child.

Yasmeen1990 :

Hi, is it possible for a female daughter as well? can her parents transfer under her sponsor?

It is not possible if you are under sponsorship of your parents or your profession is student.
Are you under sponsorship of a company/establishment? What is your profession? Are you in Jeddah or Riyadh.

Im under the sponsorship of a Private Company in Riyadh

Hi Brother ,

Im going through the same situation, my father is working from last 25 years and now his employment is terminated due to his age  above 60 years,

I want to transfer parents to my sponsorship and I'm still struggling to find a proper source to get the correct details regarding the process and formalities.

I need to know  more details about the process plz if you can assist me.

if you send get in touch through phone or email  ***

kind regards,
yahiya

Moderated by Priscilla 6 months ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello dear

Thanks for valuable info.
Could you be able to tell me how you contacted Minister of MOFA to submit application?

And what docs did you submit?

May you be rewarded for your good deeds

Moving to Riyadh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Riyadh

Travel insurance in Riyadh

Enjoy stress-free travel to Riyadh