Looking for connection

I am visiting Ghana in few months  for just visit and I am looking to make some local connection and know about the place. I am also interested in traveling around Ghana. Any recommendation you folks may have? Would much appreciate any help you can provide!
Thx

You have to be a little specific about your basic interests, you also have to at least have an idea about certain attractions and concepts about how Ghana is portrayed through internet search. If you express a serious desire this way, you will have some serious takers on your offer. Best wishes and Welcome to Accra when you land here. Atuu!

My wife and I are going there for the first time also, but this is what we did. Book a guest house not a hotel which was cheaper. Then book a car with a driver for the time to take us around. I hope that works for you

Well for starters you did well, however I hope you did not rent (book) a car for the entire period (a few months you said?), unless you got a good transferable deal from your home country. Rentals in Accra are pretty hefty, because there is no credit system and shady or non existent auto insurance, for which reason you almost have to buy the car and get a refund upon its return in perfect condition (a bit exaggerated to get point across). Rent (book) on a need to basis. Since you've initiated most of your arrangements already, I'd just ask you to enjoy Ghana objectively, what's too good to be true is indeed untrue, what your eyes can't believe, it's against the law, everybody gets away with it. Oh by the way always make sure you dictate to your driver what speed limits you want them to maintain at ALL times. For your trips start with the coast.
Visit- Soak up enough of Accra, then Ada, Akosombo(ride the lake), Shai Hills(magnificent), Ada, Aburi Mountains(the ambient air). Try a few waterfalls mid-Ghana and Northern wildlife reserves. Most other things are overrated, but I am sure somebody will convince or force the issue. Return to Accra and soak up a little more where you left off. Again have fun, I love Ghana the way I know it.

Thanks for the advice. We did paid already for the car in advance. Ghana is much bigger than Barbados' Therefore we don't want to be tired from driving and not enjoying our selves.

We also will have the driver with us ( who was giving by the company) when we stay at different Guest houses around Ghana. We have to work two days after return and that is tight. This is the reason we are doing it this way.