Best ways to avoid loneliness when you are abroad

If you are a social person who likes to be around people, you can find self-organised groups of people interested in whatever you're interested in on meetup.com, at least in many cities.
https://www.meetup.com/cities/

If you are not a social person and you like having time to yourself, you can still allow yourself to enjoy time alone even after you move to another country. Books, movies, music, art, exercise, meditation and other solitary activities can keep you occupied and content even when there's no one else around.

I think most people need some of both kinds of activity!

Wonderful,thanks

I got 2 large dog's, your nevery "loneley then"

I'm cheating. My wife's family is HUGE. Her father is one of 12 siblings which translates into 40+ cousins (most married with children) ... 60+ second cousins. Sometimes, I long to experience a little alone time. =-P

Find a hobby that involves a large group of people who share the same passion. Keeping yourself busy is the key

Trying to get some information which can help you to be useful. For example,  Vietnamese students need english speakers to practice and improve their english so you can join an english club, go to a park which you notice that there are many students there looking for foreigners. Human is a creature of emotions, if you can make yourself useful or doing things that you feel great then you won't be lonely anymore.

I think it depends...it varies from one person to another!

You made a Choice, now Accept it

iam just the hard working Brit
you sound like my 'old old' women,
you hard ***

Get Married have 8-10 maybe 12 Children, a dog, a cat and maybe a goat and turtle (I have a turtle) and a Loved one who loves Whatsapp and your life will never be the same and if you have messenger and Facebook you are set 4Life.
I only havê the Wife and her entire family, the turtle, internet and messenger. My Life is Purrfect (and no I opted of the cat and dog for now)

Alascana wrote:

Get Married have 8-10 maybe 12 Children, a dog, a cat and maybe a goat and turtle (I have a turtle) and a Loved one who loves Whatsapp and your life will never be the same and if you have messenger and Facebook you are set 4Life.
I only havê the Wife and her entire family, the turtle, internet and messenger. My Life is Purrfect (and no I opted of the cat and dog for now)

1) Ive got Married to a Brazilian,
2) cant have anymore kids, Iam a Jaffa
3) Got 4 dog's cant have any cat's due to one of the dog's is a cat killer
4) Got loads of lizards running around the walls
5) No facebook, : due to know one to talk to :sosad
6)sosad sosad sosad

Go out for walks and mingle with the local people.  There is always a little huddle somewhere!

Well, It is scary at first, you don't have your group of friends around nor any family members and at worst no food of your choice (Especially Indian).

I moved 4 months to city of beauty Manila, Initially, it was a tough task which made to rethink of decision I took to move here, I have attempted many things here like catching up with a hobby, become a gym freak or workaholic for a change, spending 14 hours at work and reach to room and just die on a bed.

Sooner, I realized that it will not go to work for me than I started enjoying my own company as no one to hear you or could understand you,  Let me tell you I have tried few "Date" as well which eventually were far more boring. It left me with few finding for myself;

1. Why have you chosen to come to the new country? - Never forget this question in your life as this is the main motivational factor for you.

2. Nobody going to take care of you -except you.

3. Things only going to get better from here.- Yes, It always does.

Loneliness is nature so one can not avoid it ,only thing you can do is forget it and try to fill up but you can't go beyond the nature
Regards
Aryavrat

I get lots of massages to combat loneliness. Human touch is always important and improving health and well-being too.

That's you are bounded with but just look at the nature no tree wants to grow with others even though they are together,like rivers always flow alone , even winds,sun ,moon all you can see alone

If what you write were true, there would be no companionship in any human relationship, including plain fellowship among friends, colleagues and acqaintances,

Everything is ONE  ....... not ZERO.......

Human relationship are there. But still what I am telling is you may be with the whole world you are alone

No, YOU may be, but that is not true for everyone. Some people are more extrovert and can connect at every level. Perhaps you need some Prozac.

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR