Do I have to stay in Brazil until my RNE is issued

Hi all,

I am applying for the RNE after my child birth, the protocola is valid for 180 days and could be extended yes but I need to go back to my home country as i still have pending issues there need to be settled. If the RNE takes time, can I use the protocola to exit the country and come back or this will affect the processing of my RNE?

Thanks. Sarah

Yes, you can. Your RNE is approved immediately if you meet the requirement The CIE usually takes about 60 days. The PF asks you to notify them when you are going to be out of the country and it is also a good idea.  You will have to be here to pick up your CIE when it comes.

Jim

Many thanks. It is such a relief. But I think I am a bit confused. Do I get the protocola and the rne approved same time pending only the collection  of the card, which takes time obviously? Thanks again :)

That is correct. Be advised the RNE is only a number. The CIE is a card which is your identity card. The protocolo is only temporary until your CIE arrives.

Jim

jland912 & saso
What is the protocola ? is it a paper given instead of a stamp in the passport ?
glad t hear your answers

Yes the Protoloco is a paper document that will have your photo on it (that you provided) and serves as a temporary CIE AND you will get the stamp in the passport 'como permanante'

hi
I am married with a Brazilian lady and i have a RNE card. I am living in dubai and not go back to brazil last more than two years. May i travel on that card in other south american countries or not? I have also permanent brazilian visa. The expiry date of my RNE card is 2025.

Menapower wrote:

hi
I am married with a Brazilian lady and i have a RNE card. I am living in dubai and not go back to brazil last more than two years. May i travel on that card in other south american countries or not? I have also permanent brazilian visa. The expiry date of my RNE card is 2025.

Technically, you have already lost your right and legality to use that card for travel with regards to the
Mercosul agreement and any other Latin American countries with reciprocity for travel arrangements. I´m sure you already know this because you´re only allowed to stay out of the country of not more than 2 years and I´m not sure the purpose of this question.

Many people are becoming displaced globally as ever due to geopolitical and socio-economic reasons;
terrorism becoming a trend and people are becoming emboldened to form caravans to cross borders of other countries for forced migration. Thanks to the European leniency to welcome migrants but now also starting to clamp on migration as crime, terrorism and economic stress besets the nations belonging to the Union. Governments are becoming more pressured by their citizens
to protect borders and economic resources reserved and deserved by tax-paying citizens.

You can re-apply if you´re still married to the Brasileira. I would´t advice you to travel with that "expired document" not only for legal reasons that could encarcerate you but also for moral obligation and responsibilty to your fellow human beings. If you get blacklisted in a country, you could be fined and imprisoned if you ever go back!

It´s your own outlook to protect yourself and your family. You´ve been warned!

robal

Thanks so much you reply me. How can i renew my RNE and my visa?

If you´re living with your Brasileira in Dubai, tell her that you want to reapply for your
"visto de permanência" to Brazil. Both of you should then go to Abu Dhabi at the Brazilian Embassy to apply...

robal

No i live here alone. Can i apply alone if yes then which kind of documents required?

You may have an issue since you have not lived in BR for 2 years. The rights granted was "residency" which you have not. Additionally not living with wife for 2 years will come into question and application may be denied.
I am guessing, you do not want to come to BR with wife since you want to go to "another S.A. country."
You are going to have to get a visa, if required, for the country you desire.

Go to the Visas page of the website for the Brazilian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, and follow the directions for requesting a VITEM XI visa; the documentation requirements are given there.  If you and your wife are no longer married, you probably won't be approved, however.  With a VITEM XI, you'll need to come to Brazil to renew your residency with the Federal Police.