Introduction and a question

Hi all, I'm heading over to Nairobi at the end of March and planning to stay a couple of months. I'm from British Columbia, Canada. I'm sure glad this forum is here.
I'm wondering if it's that important to get travel insurance? As I'm hearing that it's pretty easy to get help when needed. Are the insurance places pulling our legs by saying that it'll cost us a arm n leg to seek medical attention when we're not from the area. Thanks

Hello and welcome.

Its a good precaution to take out travel insurance.  Medical costs are high here, particularly if you unfortunate enough to require hospital care. 

The public health system is underfunded and over stretched, added to which the doctors have been on strike since December, so if you happen to need medical care, it would be within the private healthcare system.

Thank-you for your up front honesty. That's what I needed to hear.

It can be very expensive to seek medical assistance over here. It would be better and safe to take the insurance.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Proposing your own services = advertising. Please register your services in the Business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct