**URGENT** - Shipment of belongings to KSA from nearby ME countires

Dear friends,

Can you please share your experiences of transporting household and personal belongings from other Middle Eastern countries to KSA by land, sea or air.

We are trying to ship a mere 5/6 cubic meters from Qatar to Riyadh and are being quoted extortionate prices of 9000 QAT (2000 GBP) for the cheapest option, which is a land shipment. The same shipment from Qatar to Dubai costs around 3500 QAR.

The explanation we are given is that the transporters are reluctant to commit to trips to KSA due to it being "challenging",and, as not many goods are being transported - the combined/ shared option is not available, so we being charged for a full half-empty truck.

We have asked questions about:

- air freight
- using a smaller truck
- waiting for a combined shipment opportunity
- hiring a man and a van ourselves
- hiring a van and doing a self-drive

but I am not getting any helpful answers.

Please let me know if you have any advice for us - we are now desperate.

Many thanks,

K :-)

I believe  the quote you have is probably from a moving company in Qatar. Have you tried any companies in KSA, some frequent Qatar and may have empty crates returning which can offer you deals.   I am trying to get some more information on this and will share more details as soon as I receive them.

Thank you so much for your help. Yes, the quotes are from the "movers" in Qatar. K )

Not quite! K ;-)

You can check out the below link and contact some of them in the mean time

http://www.expatfinder.com/saudi-arabia … nal-movers

Thanks - will do. We are seriously considering the self-drive option. K )

Yup why not. ..could you please send for me small massage with dailies

Tiger993 wrote:

Yup why not. ..could you please send for me small massage with dailies

????  :dumbom::huh:

2nd_opossum wrote:

Dear friends,

Can you please share your experiences of transporting household and personal belongings from other Middle Eastern countries to KSA by land, sea or air.

We are trying to ship a mere 5/6 cubic meters from Qatar to Riyadh and are being quoted extortionate prices of 9000 QAT (2000 GBP) for the cheapest option, which is a land shipment. The same shipment from Qatar to Dubai costs around 3500 QAR.

The explanation we are given is that the transporters are reluctant to commit to trips to KSA due to it being "challenging",and, as not many goods are being transported - the combined/ shared option is not available, so we being charged for a full half-empty truck.

We have asked questions about:

- air freight
- using a smaller truck
- waiting for a combined shipment opportunity
- hiring a man and a van ourselves
- hiring a van and doing a self-drive

but I am not getting any helpful answers.

Please let me know if you have any advice for us - we are now desperate.

Many thanks,

K :-)

Buy new household items when you moved already here  :)  because I am sure Shipping charges will be almost cost equal to new household items.