Work permit application

Hello everyone,
I recently found a job in vietnam and I am now gathering the papers in order to get my work permit. In order to request my work permit, I need to have a proof of experience. I did work before in my home country, but I worked illegally. And that is the problem. My ex boss is worried about the verification that the vietnamese could do. If they only send him an email, there is no problem, he could back me up. But he does not have any contract proving that I actually worked. So here is my question:
Do you know how the vietnamese governement check the proof of experience?
I already know which kind of control is made in my home country, and there is no problem on this side.

Thank you.

From my experience in work permits, the VN government are not going to dig as deep you are thinking.

For the purpose of proving experience, your ex-boss would usually issue a signed letter to certify this and your technical capacity, etc. This letter is submitted and this would generally be the end of it. I have never seen or heard of the VN labour authorities actually contact the ex-employer, let alone cross-check with the home country's authorities to verify lawful employment.

For the officers handling the work permit application, the certification is a matter of simply checking the box to prove you have the experience.

I had the same question. I will be teaching at an English School when I come to Vietnam in May. So basically I just fill out a paper with my experience and sign and check the box? No actual verification of work takes place by the government or employer? I need to know which documents to get before I come to VN

Your employer should be handling your work permit application -- it's their obligation under law. Therefore, you may want to coordinate with them on this.

For proof of experience, you'll need to get signed written letter/certification from your existing (or former) employer to indicate your position, expertise, term of employment there, etc.

In addition to this, while you're still in your home country, you should obtain: (a) criminal record check, (b) health check certificate and (c) your academic certificates and other relevant diplomas. These should be consularised in your home country before you bring them along (to avoid bringing the originals). It's a costly process, so you may want to discuss with your employer to apportion the costs.