Long-term apartment north coast

Hey guys,  I have been a member for a couples of years.  I had planned to move to the north coast last year but instead found my self in Mexico.  During the low season, I plan to make an exploratory trip to the North Coast.  I want to explore Puerto Plata and the residential areas of Sousa.  As a single retired american, I want to focus on where to live and the cost of a nice secure apartment in a gated community.

Can anyone provide a list of realtors or private references that I can explore.  I would be arriving during low season and would like to keep a one year lease under $800.

Why would you choose dr over mexico?  Im thinking of the opposite.

Hi Harry19076. Perhaps I can PM you some contacts of reliable agents in the area.

Hi Harry:

I just returned from Sosua. I wish I could have stayed longer. I will PM you the name and number of the agent I used.

Since I have not spent any time in the DR, I can not say that I am choosing it over Mexico.  I have contacts in both countries and they like and dislike both countries for different reasons.  If I do not like the DR, I have the option of moving to another country or I can always return to Mexico.  If you are planning to move to Mexico, you will find all the big American chain stories (Walmart, Costco and so on).  You will also find thousands of Expats.  In many ways it like living in the United States.

Thank you Stan, I received the info.

Every person likes different things. This place doesnt work for everyone.

Sounds like you are coming to explore -.good for you!!!

I will send you a good contact for Puerto Plata.

Thank you Planner