Looking for chef position in rotterdam

Hello everybody , I can't find a chef position in rotterdam on expat.com ! Is it possible ?

Thank you

alebata wrote:

Hello everybody , I can't find a chef position in rotterdam on expat.com ! Is it possible ?

Hi Alebata and welcome to the forum.

Here you go; follow this link.

Word of warning; most restaurants in Holland want their chefs to have the "Horeca" diploma; I've never heard of a course in any other language than Dutch.

Best of luck in your journey.

So I have to learn the Dutch right now ! I'll search a Dutch course in my town ! I'm from Ancona , Italy

Could I take the "horeca" diploma in Italy ?

Excuse me but In that site there were only chef /cook position in the hotels ! I wonder if there is any little restaurant of 40/50 seat  to manage like a bistrot .I'd like to take care of every single dish and operate in a place like that

Try this link instead.

Regarding the Horeca diploma; I've just read up on it and it appears to be a requirement for restaurant owners/managers; so before you spend your money, speak to the Restaurant you are interested in and see if it is a requirement.

Ok thank you but if I would just work like a chef , manage and operate only the kitchen ?

alebata wrote:

Ok thank you but if I would just work like a chef , manage and operate only the kitchen ?

It may not be necessary; I'm speaking from my brother-in-law's experience; he was a chef in Holland, but he wanted to run a venue that was sport (tennis) related, but with a restaurant; he definitely  needed the Horeca for that.  In Holland, when chef's go through there training, the Horeca qualification was part of there overall training.

I know there are several italian restaurants in Amsterdam and I think you will have more opportunities there than in Rotterdam. In an Italian restaurant, maybe Dutch wouldn't be compulsory in kitchen...

Ok thank you

I prefer talk in English with no-Italian people , cause I want to talk in English and try to learn Dutch in a school  ! Anyway you said there are few possibilities in Rotterdam ? I would talk in English !