Looking for a cheap car & Scooter

Hi my name is Jeff (53) and I live with my Thai Missus Nee (42) in Chon Buri, Nongprue Banglamung,  from the 20th April 2017, I am from the Uk and Nee Thailand. We have already made a small network of friends consisting of locals and ex-pats. My immediate aims are to source a part time English teaching Job no more than an hour away and buy a cheap affordable reliable car and of course a secondhand scooter for the Missus. It would be wonderful to meet more expats as we have found we can learn so much from their experiences. To date we have done everything as per advice given and stayed well within the rules of Thailand. Thank you for reading my post and be nice to get a reply, best wishes Jeff & Nee

Hi Jeff and Nee  :)

Feel free to publish an advert in the Vehicles classifieds in Thailand section of the website. You might get a good deal.

All the best,
Bhavna

Many thanks i will do that

I'd go with a Japanese car. Generally reliable, parts pretty cheap and just about all Thai mechanics familiar with them. You could look on Bahtsold setting your budget and location.

many thanks Lancashire lad,
regards Jeff

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the classifieds.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks terry I'm back full time in pattaya on the 20 April and wine waste your time as Ii am viewing a bike and the car would be outside my budget but thankyou for replying

Hi Jeff
I live close to you.
I have a Thai mechanic who services and repairs cars and sells cars.
He is a brilliant guy and can speak English.
I recently bought a Nissan sunny and had him service everything..excellent job done.
He works from home but has all the right equipment.And is very experienced.
I am in pattaya from w/c 17 April. I would be happy to take you to meet him.Only 5 mins away.
basic budgets   75,000 to 120,000   will get you an old car, well serviced, average millage.
a motor bike 5 year old Yamaha about 18,000  just about any where. I rent bikes and will have one for sale.
Your 1 most biggest problem is being scammed .Do not part with one baht before test driving the car and letting your wife verify all the books and paperwork.
If you would like some help get in touch.

Your a gentleman thankyou very much. It would be great to meet up for advice and maybe a quick pint. I will add you to my contacts then can give you all my contact info
Kind regards Jeff

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the classifieds.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct