Garage business ideas?

Does anyone have an idea for a garage business here? I live up the hill 5 miles west of  Mayaguez. I have a big empty detached concrete garage that is 1800 sq ft. just crying to generate revenue.  It was previously a T-shirt printing business. It had electric and plumbing.  two bathrooms, a storeroom and a break room,  two large workbenches, an office, a large sliding door big enough to back UPS in and windows all around. I also have a 4WD Ford pickup truck.  I would apreciate any money making ideas you might share..  Thanks

If you were to subdivide it into offices, you could rent it to small businesses (PYMEs). Software developers and others that need an office. Get a feeler first before you act.

1800' plus two garages and 5 miles from Mayaguez, I will look into converting it to a rental property. Specially if you are close to university.

I like Adlin idea also, with 1800 square feet you can get two small apartments or 3-4 just rooms with a kitchenette and shared bathrooms. 2 small apartments at 300 a month each.

If you're anywhere near Antillean Adventist University, maybe student digs.
Well over a thousand students as a potential customer base but that'll depend on cheap, reliable public transport being available.

The advantage over the above idea is smaller rooms (so more guests), one or two toilets, one bathroom and a shared kitchen will keep them happy so cheaper set up costs.
If it's possible to fit a tiny show cubicle in every room they'll think it's luxury.

Grow medical marijuana and start a mail order/storefront business.

lgustaf wrote:

Assuming he can get the proper permits, add the right lights, and roof the place with class or something else to get the sunlight in. May also need security to keep someone from stealing the crop of Marijuana.
Not sure what sort of humidity needs to be maintained to get correct and predictable quality levels also not sure if you should allow insects in to pollinate or not, I never had an interest on it. One thing is growing for you and another for commercial distribution where active levels need be known and quality maintained, lab needs to verify active ingredients from time to time.

As for personal medicinal use, I think I read you can have up to 5 plants, but I could have misread, check don't get arrested.

Have not heard anything about growing Coca leaves in US or PR, but if there is some legal way to do that, it is also a way to get high price crops. Don't smoke the profits.

Thanks for the idea! I was thinking about growing medical weed, but the permits are a nightmare and also security, as the garage is out of sight of the road
fruitfly

lgustaf wrote:

It's legal but the set up costs and messing about are going to be bad news ... then security issues.

I would consider looking into a general store idea. If your in a residential area they seem to do very well .

How about dividing it up for indoor storage units.