Canadian Divorce Papers

Good Morning.
I am Brazilian and Canadian Citizen(so I go back and forth). I got married with a Canadian person. Were we obligated to register the married papers at the Brazilian General Consulate? Because when we got married in 2001 it was not necessary by the law at that time(the law changes frequently) and we did not want to do it, Then we got divorce in 2004 I have all divorce papers, and I need the Stamp on the divorce papers from the Brazilian General Consulate in order to be able to do things in Brazil such: To do Procuration at the notary public in Brazil etc. Question: I did not register my marriage in 2001 I already got divorce years ago, can i just go to the Brazilian General Consulate in Vancouver and ask for the Stamp on my Divorce papers? It seems to be just like this but, I am not 100% sure.
Thank you so much. I appreciate to have this space here to ask questions.

This is a complicated question. Since you did not register your marriage, I'm not sure if anything else is necessary. However, you say that you cannot do certain things without having it stamped. I think this might be a question for you to ask the consulate or maybe even a Lawyer. I'll do some research also and let you know if I find any answers.

Jim

I appreciate you answer. I believe that the only thing I have to do is to send my Divorce papers to get it Stamped, and that is it. I don't believe that, even today is necessary or obligated to register a married at the Brazilian Consulate...it would be double trouble for someone getting divorce.
Thank you my friend.

Is your name the same as it was before you got married? Did you update any document after you got married?  The reason that I am asking is, If none of your documents have changed and you never registered your marriage, The Brazilian government doesn't know you were ever married and I am sure it won't matter about the divorce either. I'm hoping this is going to be an easy fix here somehow.

Jim