Living in Ebene

Hello Guys

My first post!!! Well I am plannin to come to Mauritius for Employment.  My office would be located in Ebene Cybercity.
Can you please advise me on places where I can rent accomodation which is not too far from the Ebene Cybercity.
Also I am 25 y.o. single guy so plz suggest neighbourhoods where there are also some nice places to hangout.

Cheers

Welcome on board Aj259 !

There are plenty of cities near Ebene ... Rose Hill maybe ?

Hi , Nice to see taht you have got opportinity in MAURITIUS , If your office in cybercity - Quatre borne is a best palce to live for indian Expats , as you will get indian food stuff , shops and environment in Quatre borne.

other near by palces are rose hill as well.

it is around 6 KM away from QB .and bus services are also available from QB to ebene - Bus fare here is maximum up to MUR 36  for airconditioned bus and 30 for normal buses - for Cyber city it will be less than 30 only.

Hope this will help you .

Hey thanks Julien and Tarun for the quick reply.

Can you quantify the distance between Cybercity and Rosehill / Quatre Borne respectively.

Also what kind of lifestyle can I expect in Mauritius as compared to Mumbai say in terms of Work, Social Life, etc.

I guess you should come and spend a couple of weeks here before you sign your contract ;)

Dear 'AJ',
Welcome to Mauritius.
Obviously you will not find the kind of life especially night life we have in India/mumbai.
But you will not miss too much the exotic splendour of India and Indian Culture, as you would come accross to it of and on in Mauritius in the form of cosy, loving and ready to help people and good scenic beauties including beautiful beaches.
Coming to your question  :) on the distance b/w Ebene and - Rosehill> 2-3 kms; Beau bassin > 3-4 kms; Quatre Bornes > 5-6 kms, but stationed at Ebene best & closer location will be Beau bassin, u may even find good population of Indians also(fyi I am far off from there).
Regarding evening time u can chill out at 4points/ metropolis/keops etc further explore yourself....
Regarding shopping once u come, explore the island, I am still exploring....
But Its a wonderful living experience here....
For me India is 'Incredible India'  but for Mauritius we can say 'Wonderful Mauritius'.
Enjoy Mauritius...

From Quatre Bornes, it'll take you about 10-15 minutes (unless you are stuck in traffic Jam).

You having two nightclubs in QB, Queen's and Indigo(owned by an Indian). you have enough restaurants and places to eat as well. Night life is ok in Ebene, where you find good places like the Four Points by Sheraton to hang out.

You can pretty much get to anywhere in Mauritius via Quatre Bornes as it's next to the M1. One thing I would say though, don't come here with the hope of comparing Mumbai, which is a cosmopolitan city. We're an island. :)

Plus we have nice water sports and most amenities (whether you want to play golf, squash, fish or just laze around on the beach!).

hey thanks guys...

I thought I be like lonely there but I have already found so many friends :) I really appreciate your responses...

Well good thing Alisa is I dont want to "leave" Mumbai and "live" in a city like Mumbai :P

I like to explore new places, experience new cultures and people so I wud be equally happy living in Mauritius as I am in Mumbai..

Thanks Raghuvanshi for you response...

AJ,

If you are in mumbai - dont compare with mumbai as you will not not find any person walking on streets , shops get closed early.

However environment is very good here . people like us who are habitual of living in pollution may get breathing problem for some days :)

also the living cost will be more or less will be same as mumbai

ebene is 6 /8 KM from QB
Rose hill is 4/5 KM from Ebene

else life is good here - for who like a peacefull life .

one thing here taxis are very costly compared to india and public transport is also not available after 6 7 PM so consider that thing .

Regards,

Hi Aj,
Welcome to Mauritius. I am from Mumbai too staying in Quatre Bornes. You will definately love it here. I was in Mumbai for a month in December and after the 5th day I started counting days to come back to Mauritius. It has now become diffcult for me to adjust to the pollution of Mumbai.
Cheers!!!
Terence

Guys you are scaring me!! I am so used to stayin in Mumbai...Like oxygen cylinders I think I need to carry carbon monoxide cylinders from Mumbai :D

Dont worry,

There are a few parts a lil polluted like Port louis City centre in peak traffic! You could go there for a feel/flashback Mumbai :p

hi there
did you find a place in the end?
my sister actually has a house in ebene cybervillage and wants to rent it.
if you're interested, let me know!

bob

bob > your sister should post in the classifieds ;)

about moka? is it a good place to live, next to Ebene?

c u guys,
Islander77

Moka (village) is among the best environments to live if you like green scenery, all year round comfortable temperature, low pollution. It's 10 min from Ebene - less traffic than in Quatres Bornes/Rose Hill, but don't expect any kind of night life or even big shops.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to come to ebene for job.My salary is 48000 mur.That salary is well enough to live ther wirh one kids or wife and hows the car price or rent in moka or near by city.Hows long i ll get PR there.Is PR beneficial for future and if i go to europe do i need any visa on PR.

Hi Manvir,

Welcome to Expat.com!

This is an old thread. I invite you also to start a new topic on the Mauritius forum.

Thank you.